Does Vitale know something we don't? | Syracusefan.com

Does Vitale know something we don't?

cuseincincy

All Conference
I could swear he said we were "bringing in a couple big guys next year"right after Sidibe fouled out and he was discussing how SU has no one inside this year. Last I checked we have Ajak redshirting and a 6'8" 190 lb Woody Newton and a 2G in Kadary Richmond. Does 6'8" 190 indicate a big man these days? I think both have a chance to be very good players but unless Eli leaves where will either of them play? On a team full of 2's and 3's and little else aren't they really just another 2 and 3? A lot of pressure on both Edwards and Ajak to outperform their expectations.

JB or an assistant coach probably told Vitale we expect to get a big man grad transfer or two next year. Also someone likely told Vitale we’d be a good team this year if we had a great center and that is why Vitale said we need a Coleman on the team.

JB said on his radio show last week that we had a 5th year player or two coming.

And Vitale called JB for an interview yesterday as part of his normal pre-game research.

Dick is from an era where people couldn’t just look this stuff up, and thus he could just kinda say things to make things sound good.
Awesome take.

JB said on his radio show last week that we had a 5th year player or two coming.

And Vitale called JB for an interview yesterday as part of his normal pre-game research.

Wildhack also intimated a big coming in. Color me curious.

Is an incoming big enough to entice Elijah to return. (I think he should go)

Is an incoming big enough to entice Elijah to return. (I think he should go)

I cannot imagine anything that would entice Eli to return.
(I also think he gone.)

I cannot imagine anything that would entice Eli to return.
(I also think he gone.)

I don't disagree, but it's a different world where this sort of thing is expected. Best player on a bad team who's not a sure-fire NBA pick decides to leave eligibility on the table. Because...he's older due to a transfer year.

It's as if Ryan Blackwell decided "the heck with this, I'm out of here" in 1999. Imagine how weird that would have seemed only 20 years ago. And his crappy team did get to (briefly) play in the tournament; it was disappointing at the time but a good deal better than the current borderline .500 situation.

I don't disagree, but it's a different world where this sort of thing is expected. Best player on a bad team who's not a sure-fire NBA pick decides to leave eligibility on the table. Because...he's older due to a transfer year.

It's as if Ryan Blackwell decided "the heck with this, I'm out of here" in 1999. Imagine how weird that would have seemed only 20 years ago. And his crappy team did get to (briefly) play in the tournament; it was disappointing at the time but a good deal better than the current borderline .500 situation.
He is will not be back

I think JBA will be a great player next year and allow Jesse to redshirt. The year after next we will have an amazing front court with Jesse and JBA with a junior Guerrier

If I could bet on Quincy leaving after next season I would.
Fair bet. I’m just getting pipe dreams of a JBA/JE/QG senior front court with Dior and whatever 5 star SG and 3 he brings With him

I love when Vitale comments on how the three point shot has totally changed the game. Dick, it's been around for 35 years. That's like commenting today on how the floppy disk has totally changed computers.

I love when Vitale comments on how the three point shot has totally changed the game. Dick, it's been around for 35 years. That's like commenting today on how the floppy disk has totally changed computers.
Your one letter replacing the s from describing Dick with ED.

Yeah, Quincy is one breakout season away from going pro and I expect him to be a star next year.

Where in some obscure European league?

He doesn't have the size to be a power forward in the NBA and play inside and hes lucky to draw rim on three point attempts. He doesn't have PG skills.

Good thing he has 4 years to improve huh? 3 seasons of playing college ball could change things he could grow or improve his shooting and ball handling. Feels like people are rooting for these kids to leave early even with no shot at getting drafted.

Whats wrong with some of our fans. Paul Harris was a better freshman and bigger than QG and people were realistic about his limitations at the next level due to his height from day 1.

Noone has NBA measurables other than Hughes who is not on many/any draft boards.

Where in some obscure European league?

He doesn't have the size to be a power forward in the NBA and play inside and hes lucky to draw rim on three point attempts. He doesn't have PG skills. Don't see a fit.

Good thing he has 4 years to improve huh? Feels like people are rooting for these kids to leave early even with no shot at getting drafted.

Whats wrong with some of our fans. Paul Harris was a better freshman and bigger than QG and people were realistic about his limitations at the next level due to his height from day 1.

Noone has NBA measurables other than Hughes who is not on many/any draft boards.

Just being realistic with how it works nowadays. One breakout year and a player is gone. At least that’s how it’s been for us (Ennis, Grant, Lydon, etc.) Heck one breakout GAME and some are gone (Flynn and Malachi).
You do realize players improve from year to year correct? You don’t think Quincy can develop an outside shot that coach already says he can hit in practice. C’mon now. And what you fail to mention with Paul Harris is he would have gone straight to the NBA out of high school if he could have. Times are different.
Do I want Quincy to stay 4 years? Hell yeah of course I do, but I’m also realistic with the way things are nowadays with most players. Anyone who wouldn’t want a player like Quincy to stay 4 years is nuts but I highly doubt it’ll happen. The days of DC or John Wallace staying 4 years are long gone for better or worse.

He also commented on how Girard needed to learn from Buddy on how to get to the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom