Dolezaj's future | Syracusefan.com

Dolezaj's future

acuse816

Walk On
Do you think he will ever be a top-three option on offense that consistently creates his own shot and averages close to 20 ppg, or is it more likely that he will progressively become a better and more efficient role player/glue guy ( i.e. sets up teammates well, makes the open shot off the catch, gets offensive boards, creates turnovers)?

No maybe as a senior he’ll look to score more but he’ll probably be the same guy next year which is OK. If he steps it up in the Big Dance again I’ll be happy.

If a top 3 guy is close to 20ppg I’d be very happy. I think his max is probably going to be around 8-10 ppg. He can be a very reliable option, just might not always pull it

His shot release isn't really quick enough to be anything but a wide-open shooter. I don't see it.

His shot release isn't really quick enough to be anything but a wide-open shooter. I don't see it.
Per 40 minutes, he's similar to the player he was as a freshman, except he actually shoots and gets to the line less frequently and fouls more. His assists and steals are up though, and he has become a threat to make a three when he does attempt them. I don't see him evolving into anything more than a very good role player, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Screenshot_2019-01-28-08-47-14.png

Per 40 minutes, he's similar to the player he was as a freshman, except he actually shoots and gets to the line less frequently and fouls more. His assists and steals are up though, and he has become a threat to make a three when he does attempt them. I don't see him evolving into anything more than a very good role player, and there's nothing wrong with that.
View attachment 151499

I concur. I was just saying I don't see him as a top 3 option for scoring. I still want to see him touch the ball on every possession because he makes good things happen.

I concur. I was just saying I don't see him as a top 3 option for scoring. I still want to see him touch the ball on every possession because he makes good things happen.
He does make good things happen when the ball goes through him. But yes, it's hard to imagine him being a primary scoring option on this team or future SU teams, given the projected rosters.

But, his length allows him to shoot over a lot of guys. I think he has a lot of potential. He may need to go to some camps in his own, though, because I haven't seen a lot of year to year development from our players in recent years. Certainly not like we used to.

Do you think he will ever be a top-three option on offense that consistently creates his own shot and averages close to 20 ppg, or is it more likely that he will progressively become a better and more efficient role player/glue guy ( i.e. sets up teammates well, makes the open shot off the catch, gets offensive boards, creates turnovers)?

We only ever have 1 guy approaching 20ppg and that's if they are a dominant scorer. I think in his senior year he'll be capable of being the 3rd option but that will still only translate to 15ppg max and more likely something closer to 12 or 13. Love the way he plays, just looking forward to him gaining more experience so everything doesn't seem so frantic and herky-jerky, imagine he'll smooth out the rough edges by next year.

I was told he was Kevin Durant

But, his length allows him to shoot over a lot of guys. I think he has a lot of potential. He may need to go to some camps in his own, though, because I haven't seen a lot of year to year development from our players in recent years. Certainly not like we used to.

His height would allow that if his release point wasn't so low. Watch those 3-pointers. It's almost a push shot. That would be incredibly difficult to change.

He will be the type of guy championship teams always have; an experienced upperclassman who contributes on both ends of the court with few mistakes. The type that frees up other guys to do their thing, who can make a defense pay if they ignore him.

He could be Kueth Duany, basically.

I don't think Marek was brought in with the expectation he would ever be a 20 point scorer. They wanted 10 points 6 boards and a couple three assists while playing half the game subbing for the stronger forwards. JB saw him as a 4 year guy and still does.. Nothing wrong with that, those type players are needed on every team.

2 years from now I think I could live with Braswell and Marek at the Forward spots.

marek's range should be about 5 to 15 feet of the basket. he's not a pounder/bounder. more finesse.

He will be the type of guy championship teams always have; an experienced upperclassman who contributes on both ends of the court with few mistakes. The type that frees up other guys to do their thing, who can make a defense pay if they ignore him.

He could be Kueth Duany, basically.

Duany was a flat out player .. he could have been a star if we needed him to be but he was 4th option at best

Duany was a flat out player .. he could have been a star if we needed him to be but he was 4th option at best

I liked him as much as anybody. He was athletic and could play the top and back line of the zone equally well. Idk if he would have been a star. He was good at a lot of things but not great at any one thing, offensively, at least.

Jack of all trades, master of none kinda guy.

If Marek had a better handle, he’d be a lot more versatile as a player. He needs to work on his ball handling and speed. And eat lots of McDonalds.

His height would allow that if his release point wasn't so low. Watch those 3-pointers. It's almost a push shot. That would be incredibly difficult to change.
That's true for his 3 pointers, but the release on his 10 to 15 footer is higher.

That's true for his 3 pointers, but the release on his 10 to 15 footer is higher.
None of it will much matter if he continues to take only one or two jumpshots per game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom