Class of 2022 - Dom Pietramala (MD: Boys Latin) Attack to UNC | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 Dom Pietramala (MD: Boys Latin) Attack to UNC

Powellfan

All American
The premier player for Boys' Latin (Md.) was 2022 left-handed attackman Dom Pietramala. He showcased extreme versatility, the ability to dodge from the left-handed low spot while also attacking from the top of the box with speed to run downhill. The rising junior made a spectacular play disrupting a clear and scooping up a loose ball then splitting two defenders to score a goal. I was really impressed with his shooting; the release is really quick, able to go from cradle to shot as fast as most college players. Pietramala has a little Lyle Thompson in his arsenal. If he can put on some quality muscle (his dad preferred the basketball court to the weight room), there’s no doubt that he’s a Top 10 player in the class. A partial list of schools he is considering would include Denver, Syracuse, Loyola and Penn State.

The premier player for Boys' Latin (Md.) was 2022 left-handed attackman Dom Pietramala. He showcased extreme versatility, the ability to dodge from the left-handed low spot while also attacking from the top of the box with speed to run downhill. The rising junior made a spectacular play disrupting a clear and scooping up a loose ball then splitting two defenders to score a goal. I was really impressed with his shooting; the release is really quick, able to go from cradle to shot as fast as most college players. Pietramala has a little Lyle Thompson in his arsenal. If he can put on some quality muscle (his dad preferred the basketball court to the weight room), there’s no doubt that he’s a Top 10 player in the class. A partial list of schools he is considering would include Denver, Syracuse, Loyola and Penn State.

There's actually two Syracuse mentions in the article. ;)

Gotta admit, surprised to hear us mentioned but certainly not a bad thing. I think someone over at Fanlax mentioned PSU as a likely destination which I agree with. That said its certainly not a bad thing were in contention here despite this feeling like a long shot at first glance.

Dom Pietramala, A/M, Boys' Latin (Md.) / Annapolis HawksPietramala, a lefty rising junior from Boys' Latin ran exclusively with the first midfield and was as or more effective operating from up top or the high wing areas. He scored a gorgeous slashing goal, slicing his way through multiple defenders and his passing skills, hitting the weak side with dimes was college level. There is no question that Pietramala will be one of the most sought after players in his class. He posted three pretty assists during the second and third quarter, adding a late goal.

2. Dominic Pietramala | A/M | Boys’ Latin (Md.)
Annapolis Hawks | September '03 birthday
A left-handed gunslinging attackman by trade, Pietramala is tremendously slick, highly athletic and able to put pressure on opposing defenses, elevating his game as a dynamic midfielder after joining the Hawks this summer. His game’s that much more intriguing because he doesn’t need the ball as much to be successful, a byproduct of his sky-high lacrosse IQ — no surprise given that he’s one of all-time great Dave Pietramala’s twin sons, as Nicholas is a promising longpole prospect. Tallying 33 goals and 10 assists as a freshman for the Lakers, Dominic was among the MIAA’s most dominant players before the season’s cancellation. All eyes will be on his recruitment, especially with his father no longer at Johns Hopkins — look for a few programs to attempt to bring in both Pietramala and Spallina in the same class, which isn’t out of the question.

Gotta admit, surprised to hear us mentioned but certainly not a bad thing. I think someone over at Fanlax mentioned PSU as a likely destination which I agree with. That said its certainly not a bad thing were in contention here despite this feeling like a long shot at first glance.
He must really like to stick it to his dad for even considering us. Kid grew up on the Hopkins sidelines. He's known the hate his whole life. I can appreciate that, it's the primary reason I became a Red Sox fan.

I’ve never played for SU or JHU so someone who has can correct me, but I’d say there is more respect between the two programs than hate, at least from the players and coaches sides.

He must really like to stick it to his dad for even considering us. Kid grew up on the Hopkins sidelines. He's known the hate his whole life. I can appreciate that, it's the primary reason I became a Red Sox fan.
At this point I’d think he’d want to stick it to JHU for firing his old man. I also agree with the poster above in that I believe Petro respects Desko and would certainly let his son play for him, if that were his choice.

I also agree with the poster above in that I believe Petro respects Desko and would certainly let his son play for him, if that were his choice.

Bingo. This is what it's about. Notice anything about the coaches of the schools Dom was said to be considering? Tierney, Tambroni, Desko, Toomey. Those are Petro's buddies in the coaching landscape. He either coached with/under them or in the case of Desko and Toomey, he "came of age" in the sport at roughly the same time and thus likely have similar sensibilities/styles (Yes I know Desko is a bit older).

I don't think Dom ends up at Syracuse, but we shouldn't be shocked he's (allegedly) considering them. We've already seen plenty of kids transfer between Hopkins and Cuse, including one this year. Between the sidelines it's as heated a rivalry as there is but at the end of the day real lacrosse fans respect both programs.

I’ve always thought that Spallina and Pietramala might end up at the same college as it looks like they are looking at the same schools. They are also good friends and like playing together.

Keep an eye on Truitt Sunderland as well. When all is said and done I wouldn’t be shocked if all 3 ended up at the same place which would be a deadly trio.

Cuse should bring Petro in as the volunteer assistant, the same way Duke brought in Ben DeLuca a couple years ago. Then Dom can come with him.

Cuse should bring Petro in as the volunteer assistant, the same way Duke brought in Ben DeLuca a couple years ago. Then Dom can come with him.
I highly doubt Petro would move his entire family up here just to volunteer

D85984D8-4055-4351-895B-ACCF16A07A4D.jpeg

Any chance were in the final 4?
Not that anyone has any inkling about him coming here.

I think it's definitely possible, but would stress again I'm hearing there are at least one or two other more likely destinations. I'd temper expectations somewhat.

I think it's definitely possible, but would stress again I'm hearing there are at least one or two other more likely destinations. I'd temper expectations somewhat.
Obv not betting on it just be interesting to see if we are with him and Spallina both good friends. Interesting to see if he got him to at least entertain the thought.