Dom Starsia out at Virginia / Lars Tiffany in | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Dom Starsia out at Virginia / Lars Tiffany in

Interesting development in C'ville...Lars might be looking for a new goalie this season.

Last edited:
Interesting development in C'ville...Lars might be looking for a new goalie this season.

Virginia Goalie Matt Barrett Indefinitely Suspended (IL)

Virginia goalie Matt Barrett has been indefinitely suspended from the team following an arrest for drug possession, an athletic department spokesperson confirmed Friday.

Barrett was arrested by Ocean City, Md., police on Aug. 12 and charged with drug possession according to court records. Ocean City Today said in its police blotter that, “In responding to a noise complaint, police noticed Barrett was cutting white powder using a credit card on the kitchen table.” It continued: "After entering the unit and asking Barrett about the white powder, police reported he first claimed it was adderall before admitting it was cocaine."

Virginia Goalie Matt Barrett Indefinitely Suspended (IL)

Virginia goalie Matt Barrett has been indefinitely suspended from the team following an arrest for drug possession, an athletic department spokesperson confirmed Friday.

Barrett was arrested by Ocean City, Md., police on Aug. 12 and charged with drug possession according to court records. Ocean City Today said in its police blotter that, “In responding to a noise complaint, police noticed Barrett was cutting white powder using a credit card on the kitchen table.” It continued: "After entering the unit and asking Barrett about the white powder, police reported he first claimed it was adderall before admitting it was cocaine."

Did they knock before entering? They entered the unit and he was in the act? Hope he has a lawyer. Not condoning the behavior, but I doubt he heard a knock and while cutting up he simply said "come on in."

Not personally involved in a situation like this in college but know a couple guys who went through something eerily similar. Police acted out of their bounds in both circumstances. College students are low-hanging fruit. "Noise violations" were used as excuses to literally kick in doors without warning on both occasions. Unacceptable.

With that said, hope he cleans up and gets back to business at UVA.

I doubt the AD made that decision on his own without getting the push and support of some influential alumni who did not like the extended ACC losing streak or their Rotunda kid not playing. The new AD should have had the common sense to reach out to Starsia because he should be part of the UVA family in some capacity. Maybe this article awakens her. Kudos to Tiffany for handling an awkward situation with respect, class and sensitivity.

I believe that Starsia has family reasons for wanting to stay in Central Virginia. I wonder if he could have had the opportunity to coach at a division 1 school again.

I believe that Starsia has family reasons for wanting to stay in Central Virginia. I wonder if he could have had the opportunity to coach at a division 1 school again.

VMI was just open?

think it is over an hour drive?

I get it, and i have no clue where he lives (i saw he was very active on twitter over the spring/summer from the Adirondacks). But if he wanted a D1 gig in Virginia, that's as close as he was going to get (even Richmond is about an hour away from Charlottesville).

Dom is pushing 70 and hasn't coached D1 in almost five years. I think the ship has probably sailed on him returning to the college ranks. High school is a good gig for him right now. Blue Ridge is a solid school in a competitive conference. He'll teach those kids a lot. In a few years, he, Desko, Corrigan, and Dano can run ex-ACC old man clinics together. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom