Dome Close to Hosting Crowds Again? | Syracusefan.com

Dome Close to Hosting Crowds Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Thought I saw Pitt with some fans in the stands for their game against ND. I think at this point, only SU and BC are not allowing some fans to attend games in the ACC.

It sounds like Syracuse is getting very close to letting it happen. If not for a recent surge in cases, it probably would have been announced for the Wake game.

I think if the number of active cases goes above 100, NYS says the school has to suspend in person classes. Hopefully the SU students will really focus on being responsible for the last 4 weeks of classes and will retain the ability to attend classes in person (and stay on campus).

If it happens, it looks like attendance will be limited to students. I have resigned myself to not being able to see any SU football or basketball games in person this year. Unless you are a student, it is not looking likely to happen.

No issues with McMahon and SU being cautious here. It is the right thing to do. Especially with the troubling increases in COVID numbers we are seeing, even in CNY.

Yeah, just doesn't make sense with cases being higher than they've ever been.

Thought I saw Pitt with some fans in the stands for their game against ND. I think at this point, only SU and BC are not allowing some fans to attend games in the ACC.

It sounds like Syracuse is getting very close to letting it happen. If not for a recent surge in cases, it probably would have been announced for the Wake game.

I think if the number of active cases goes above 100, NYS says the school has to suspend in person classes. Hopefully the SU students will really focus on being responsible for the last 4 weeks of classes and will retain the ability to attend classes in person (and stay on campus).

If it happens, it looks like attendance will be limited to students. I have resigned myself to not being able to see any SU football or basketball games in person this year. Unless you are a student, it is not looking likely to happen.

No issues with McMahon and SU being cautious here. It is the right thing to do. Especially with the troubling increases in COVID numbers we are seeing, even in CNY.

You can always enroll as a grad student! Dr Tomcat :)

I cant see the dome being opened before Fall 2021 unfortunately. I’d gladly attend a game if allowed. If its a temporary sacrifice made this year to curb exposures and cases then thats fine. Rather the dome be closed for a year than to experience shut down again in CNY

I know they were close to allowing fans

we are one of the last states not allowing at least limited fans.

there’s no reason you can’t spread people people out. Not asking for a full dome. But at least a little

Just a thought, but I wonder if it might be a possibility to allow small groups to at least tour the facility and see the upgrades with no events going on. Allow a group of say 50 fans in for a $20 donation and a 30 minute tour. Do four of these a day for a few weeks and raise some badly needed funds.

It was SU's plan since the summer to try and allow Students only to games but the recent uptick in cases will make that difficult.

But basketball is the same as football?

Both indoors
Let the fans in for hoops, but only in the east end 300s. I'm joking.
I don't know why they can't allow about 6,000 fans spread out for football and 1-2k for hoops. 1k spread out for 2 hours with all that empty air space seems pretty safe to me.

I am aware. But its also a lost generally hopeless season re football. I dont see it being worth the risk in that context. Hoops is a $ driver.
If I understand it your saying basketball is worth some risk because we’re more successful, just clarifying.

If I understand it your saying basketball is worth some risk because we’re more successful, just clarifying.

What I am saying is...right now, its basically an exhibition season, and one in which cases are spiking. Why rush the issue? Try to figure out a plan for basketball, and hopefully, the cases will be down at a point where we can do it.

Your inevitable next questions is...well, if the football team is doing well, is the scenario different.

My response is...for me? No. Health is the driver.

Take the time, and try to get it right for hoops season.

If they allowed family and close friends of each player that would be sufficient enough for me.
Give each player on both teams up to 4 guests and maybe 500 more.

We don’t need more than that this year.

I know they were close to allowing fans

we are one of the last states not allowing at least limited fans.

there’s no reason you can’t spread people people out. Not asking for a full dome. But at least a little

We would be lucky to get a 1/3 crowed at the Dome this season even if there were no such things as COVID.

If you you want family there that's cool but what's the point now? After sat we are in November and have what? Two home games left?

What I am saying is...right now, its basically an exhibition season, and one in which cases are spiking. Why rush the issue? Try to figure out a plan for basketball, and hopefully, the cases will be down at a point where we can do it.

Your inevitable next questions is...well, if the football team is doing well, is the scenario different.

My response is...for me? No. Health is the driver.

Take the time, and try to get it right for hoops season.
Just saying
received_3442503779174184.jpeg

so %5 of the 50% that makes up an SU crowd?

soccer all over is being played without crowds outdoors too..

Pitt figured their fans are great at social distancing on a yearly basis so why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom