Dome Covid Protocols? | Syracusefan.com

Dome Covid Protocols?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRHEETER

All American
So Syracuse University launched new Covid protocols for campus and are now doing a color coded alert system.

Different levels determine different guidelines.

Almost all of them are “strongly suggested mask wearing for vaccinated individuals.”

However, in the protocols it says that events at the Dome will not follow those color coded systems and will refer to CDC/NYS guidelines.

Does this mean that as of right now, there will be no mask mandate for games/no proof of vaccination?

Let’s try to keep this non-political and just get the facts so we know what’s going to be required when we enter the dome in less than a month

As of August 6:

In accordance with NYS guidelines, fans will have to show proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test. An antigen-type test result must be completed within six hours of entry and a PCR-type test result must be within 72 hours of entry.

Masks will be required for patrons at the event as current Syracuse University policy requires all individuals on campus to mask in indoor settings, regardless of vaccination status. All attendance and masking policies are subject to change with public health guidance and policies.

As of August 6:

In accordance with NYS guidelines, fans will have to show proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test. An antigen-type test result must be completed within six hours of entry and a PCR-type test result must be within 72 hours of entry.

Masks will be required for patrons at the event as current Syracuse University policy requires all individuals on campus to mask in indoor settings, regardless of vaccination status. All attendance and masking policies are subject to change with public health guidance and policies.

Right but what I’m saying is, they just changed the policy yesterday with this new color coded system and excluded the Dome and said that would just go by CDC guidelines.

Hopefully more info comes out then with the updated Syracuse policies

New university policy
So if I am reading this policy correctly, if a football game was played today, masks would only be recommended for vaccinated fans attending a game in the dome.

But we are only one level (red) from everyone having to wear a mask at games. I assume the plan is to continue to allow fans to take their masks off when eating or drinking. It will be interesting to see if that loophole will result in record sales levels for food and especially drinks.

The average time to finish a soda or beer is going to go way up. Will some fans nurse a drink for an entire half?

I think so.

So if I am reading this policy correctly, if a football game was played today, masks would only be recommended for vaccinated fans attending a game in the dome.

But we are only one level (red) from everyone having to wear a mask at games. I assume the plan is to continue to allow fans to take their masks off when eating or drinking. It will be interesting to see if that loophole will result in record sales levels for food and especially drinks.

The average time to finish a soda or beer is going to go way up. Will some fans nurse a drink for an entire half?

I think so.

I was at a three hour rain delay yesterday (left after hour one) for the Nats. Under the stands no masks. Club level masks (it's really inside) unless eating or drinking. If the team wasn't bleeding fans they would've set a beer and ice cream record sales mark.

"Enforcement" if that is the right word also seemed down from earlier in the year when they only let a few thousand in there.

I think so.
That's why the policy is futile. If someone happens to be a spreader, with people eating and drinking for 4 hours, unless you keep your mask on the entire time, you could get infected.

I think so.

The latest CDC guideline for Onondaga County "recommends" everyone wear a mask indoors.

Code Level Blue "recommends" everyone wear a mask indoors, but doesn't apply to the Dome.

The last policy update from the Dome (from last week) "requires" everyone to wear a mask.

Who knows where we'll be in a month. Hopefully better.

The latest CDC guideline for Onondaga County "recommends" everyone wear a mask indoors.

Code Level Blue "recommends" everyone wear a mask indoors, but doesn't apply to the Dome.

The last policy update from the Dome (from last week) "requires" everyone to wear a mask.

Who knows where we'll be in a month. Hopefully better.
Dome ushers getting ready to enforce whatever policy is determined on game day

1628958860066.png

Not sure if it belongs here or if this will get merged but I called the director of ticket sales (the new ticket staff members seemed to be unsure) and he confirmed 2 things for me I was uncretain on.

1. A picture (if legible) of the vaccination card from out of state will be acceptable with photo ID. The proof of vaccine needs to identify date, name and shot

2. Children 1-4 will not need to have a negative covid test before the game As they are excluded. So if you are vaccinated with children aged 4 or under, you are all set for not needing a negative test.

I didn’t ask about masks because I figure it will change but he did confirm we are already past 2017 and 2018 season ticket sales numbers with 3 weeks to go (he thought we would probably get close to 2019 numbers post 10 win season.). So it looks like the fan base is still engaged 1 way or another (god we better beat the snot out of Ohio & Buttgers)

Last edited:
IMO, the dome rules will be stricter than the general campus rules for two reasons.

1. It’s an indoor facility with a LOT of people.

2. It’s mostly the outside community attending and not just students.

Gomna probably call and ask for my season tickets to get refunded. No way I am spending 4 hours inside the dome wearing a mask. And asking my wife and daughter to do the same.

Will watch on TV if at all.

My apathy for this team and university is at an all time high.

Last edited:
Gomna probably call and ask for my season tickets to get refunded. No way I am spending 4 hours inside the dome wearing a mask. And asking my wife and daughter to do the same.

Will watch on TV if at all.

My apathy for this team and university is at an all time high.
It’s not the team or University’s fault. Get the other half of the population to believe in the vaccine and cut out the anti-vax freedom BS and we won’t have this problem any longer.

Not sure if it belongs here or if this will get merged but I called the director of ticket sales (the new ticket staff members seemed to be unsure) and he confirmed 2 things for me I was uncretain on.

1. A picture (if legible) of the vaccination card from out of state will be acceptable with photo ID. The proof of vaccine needs to identify date, name and shot

2. Children 1-4 will not need to have a negative covid test before the game As they are excluded. So if you are vaccinated with children aged 4 or under, you are all set for not needing a negative test.

I didn’t ask about masks because I figure it will change but he did confirm we are already past 2017 and 2018 season ticket sales numbers with 3 weeks to go (he thought we would probably get close to 2019 numbers post 10 win season.). So it looks like the fan base is still engaged 1 way or another (god we better beat the snot out of Ohio & Buttgers)
I truly find the under 4 thing kind of amusing. As if they can’t spread it. COVID ain’t checking IDs

IMO, the dome rules will be stricter than the general campus rules for two reasons.

1. It’s an indoor facility with a LOT of people.

2. It’s mostly the outside community attending and not just students.
I spoke to a very good friend who is one of the top docs and admins at the mayo. His take is clear. Once you allow people to take a mask off be it for a drink or food whatever the benefit of the mask is lost.

I spoke to a very good friend who is one of the top docs and admins at the mayo. His take is clear. Once you allow people to take a mask off be it for a drink or food whatever the benefit of the mask is lost.
I too have a buddy at the hellmans plant in Chicago. He seems to think it is okay as long whatever you are eating has mayo on it.

It’s not the team or University’s fault. Get the other half of the population to believe in the vaccine and cut out the anti-vax freedom BS and we won’t have this problem any longer.

Anti-mask and anti-vax aren’t mutually exclusive.

Anyone I know that doesn’t want to wear a mask anymore is because they are fully vaccinated.

Agreed, massive difference.

Yeah, I just wanted to point out the distinction. I know there’s the middle of the Venn diagram of course.

I don’t want to wear a mask but I do when it’s required. Not a big deal. As far as being vaxxed and spreading, I don’t have a ton of sympathy for adult anti-vaxxers. It’s their choice, but they also know the risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.