Dome looks empty | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dome looks empty

All those nyc fans did a great job showing up at metlife for the best game on he schedule...yes that was sarcasm.

this is DG's argument for having meadowlands games...so locals better start showing up, or shut up when they lose the big games.
Except the meadowlands game and games vs teams like Stony Brook are a lot of the reason many people didnt get tickets this year.

Classic were getting embarrassed by a d1aa stony brook team and the board cant believe the dome is deserted
because focusing on such a subpar game is soooo much better

No offense but I have to roll my eyes about the slams on the local attendance all posted by people during the game who don't like how it looks on their tv set while they themselves didn't bother to attend. Sounds a bit hypocritical doesn't it? It's pretty funny in a strange kind of way.

I live in Indiana, a little tough to justify coming halfway across the country to watch Stony Brook. I do still have season tickets and literally would have had to pay people to go to this game. It's just reality, if you have a fan base that only shows up for big games, and you plan to move all your marquee games 5 hours away...the results will not be pretty. Welcome to Syracuse, Doc...
You can't give people a hard time for not showing up if you aren't there yourself.

Not sure how this game turns into a NYC/Cuse issue though. Giants Stadium game or not we still have a FCS game in the Dome, every year. No reason to be giving TGD a hard time about it.

Everyone bitches about the price of food at the Dome. You people need to get out of Syracuse. The food and beverage prices at the Dome are the cheapest I've seen at any other sports arena. If you didn't have something to complain about, you wouldn't know what to say. Keep supporting this team like you are and you'll be seeing more games played outside of Syracuse. I was at the game today and I was impressed with SB. Their offensive line and backs are a lot better than Northwesterns. They would beat some of the teams in the Big East. We did what we needed to do. Enjoy the win and get ready for Minnesota.

It's very easy, Win and fans will come back.

After a decade of disappointments and almost all of em being losing seasons, fans have lost hope. Winning will cure all - best post all night!

Per ESPN they have the number for today's game attendance at... 34,512

Everyone bitches about the price of food at the Dome. You people need to get out of Syracuse. The food and beverage prices at the Dome are the cheapest I've seen at any other sports arena. If you didn't have something to complain about, you wouldn't know what to say. Keep supporting this team like you are and you'll be seeing more games played outside of Syracuse. I was at the game today and I was impressed with SB. Their offensive line and backs are a lot better than Northwesterns. They would beat some of the teams in the Big East. We did what we needed to do. Enjoy the win and get ready for Minnesota.

I don't see a post here complaining about food prices.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

No offense but I have to roll my eyes about the slams on the local attendance all posted by people during the game who don't like how it looks on their tv set while they themselves didn't bother to attend. Sounds a bit hypocritical doesn't it? It's pretty funny in a strange kind of way.

I do more than roll my eyes.

What came first? The chicken ir the egg? The past 15 years is on SU, not the fans.

Per ESPN they have the number for today's game attendance at... 34,512
I was laughing at that announcement, at least make it somewhat conceivable. Not even close

Of course it was empty. On a two game losing streak. Our biggest game was just moved to New York the previous week. We were playing Stony Brook. It was a 4pm and half the students didn't show up. Just horrible. I can't blame people though. Our administration isn't doing anything to help. Don't bother trying to fix things just run away to New York every year...

Of course it was empty. On a two game losing streak. Our biggest game was just moved to New York the previous week. We were playing Stony Brook. It was a 4pm and half the students didn't show up. Just horrible. I can't blame people though. Our administration isn't doing anything to help. Don't bother trying to fix things just run away to New York every year...
They have alienated the entire local fan base this past offseason like never before. Moving the first open practice to Rochester. Starting the spring game early without telling anyone. Small stuff. The moving of the USC game everyone knew about but it doesn't help overall. SU Football made their beds now they gotta lay in it. And if they lose to Minny and expect people to stew on that for 2 weeks and then on a Friday get out of work at 5pm or 5:30pm (like most normal people do)and rush after work to make a 7pm kickoff vs Pitt...good luck with that!

Guess the locals aren't interested in watching the best 0-2 team in the nation.

LGO.

Seeing the crowds in Miami and Maryland makes me feel better.

This is why we played in NYC. Pathetic.
i actually wanted to go, but the box office gamed tickemaster and made the tickets unreasonable. first game i have missed in years. F em

I was laughing at that announcement, at least make it somewhat conceivable. Not even close

Su announces tixs sold.

Meh,

Our football fanbase is a fickle stereotypical northeast poser bandwagon fanbase for the most part. Only if there are 9 + wins are at hand and top 10 teams are in the house will they show up. The students are a joke too.

Now there is the "Basketball Only Fan" schism at play where people will flock to the dome in a blizzard on a Monday night for Villanova, then take over the RAC on Wednesday,. But 5-6 Saturday Afternoons for football are too much to ask for. Instead its walking around Onondaga Lake or something. Fork over 100+ for Thursday night BET tix, no problem. #2 Team in the country at the Meadowlands "Oh, I have a softball game"

Winning cures all, well it makes it hard to bring in top recruits with a half empty dome every week. It eliminates our homefield advantage too.

Yes, the economy sucks but the impoverished south supports all their football teams and everyones stillgoing to that Wednesday night game againt Bobby Huggins and the mountaineers come bball season, the attendance record gets broken every year.

Please.

Just win baby! I had a great time today because we WON the game!

neither are the students and neither are the NYC alums.

Yup...as I said Doc Hollywood panders to the students and alumni who simply do not show up. If he put 25% of the effort into CNY Dome attendance would be fine in time. Easy excuse to move games but why would NYC alumns show up? They have USC, Penn State, and Notre Dame on their schedule.

You can't give people a hard time for not showing up if you aren't there yourself.

I'm not giving people a hard time for not showing up, frankly I've felt like a complete sucker for buying season tickets for the last seven years or so. This board is an echo chamber at times, people have lost sight of reality. the people buying season tickets? we're the dummies. the people that rake leaves then turn the game on (maybe) to watch from their couch are the sane folks.

I remember back in '98 being excited in April for the football season to start; I realized the Pitt game is on a Friday this week - I'm so uninvested in the program at this point I just didn't give a damn to even figure out the schedule. The only thing that keeps me showing up at all any more is inertia - I wouldn't know what to do with my new free time if I wasn't still going to SU games. I'm certainly not motivated by the product or the University approach to me.

That should really worry DG; when you've almost lost fans like me there isn't much left they can count on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom