Donahue Retiring; Set to Remain with Program in Volunteer Role | Syracusefan.com

Donahue Retiring; Set to Remain with Program in Volunteer Role

I do know Dylan had a kid not long ago and I’m pretty sure Collin has kids as well.
Makes sense to spend more time with the family.

Hope Donahue sticks around in whatever role. He's a helluva good coach and man. Knowledgeable in all aspects and well respected by all .Cuse program was fortunate to have him for so many years

Galloway? Don't know if he'd be interested in an AC position or not.

The syr.com comment section should prove to be a good read when they get around to publishing the story.

It'll be interesting to watch how this is handled. Do they look to keep it in the family or get a fresh face? Will it be someone they try to groom to take over for Desko when he finally retires or will this just be someone to fill the void and then have to search/hire all over again when they hire Deskos replacement?

Feel like this is the beginning of the "changing of the guard" of SU lacrosse.

Would be very surprised if it’s not Ryan Powell - that move was put in motion last year on “special assignment”. There was rumbling a year ago that he was thinking about retiring but stayed on ..my guess is that was done to see his successor put in place ...

Would be very surprised if it’s not Ryan Powell - that move was put in motion last year on “special assignment”. There was rumbling a year ago that he was thinking about retiring but stayed on ..my guess is that was done to see his successor put in place ...
Hope it is Powell if for no other reason than he is not in the broadcast booth.

This saddens and is a huge loss if he is not consistently present. He has the respect and attention of the players. Rewatch the huddles with him, concise and direct instruction delivered calmly with all eyes and ears on him. Big reason why this team has won so many close games over the years . Others can have the fluff of the latest and greatest marketer, give me the mature, knowledgeable man of integrity with the long track record of accomplishment KD was the total package who helped every unit over the years. This better have been his call.

Hope to see Powell hired because he possesses many of the same strong personal traits of Coach Donahue . He's clearly prepared and a natural successor from many angles for a seamless transition Hiring him and having KD stay around as much as possible would be ideal.

Younger fan here so correct me if I'm wrong... Is it a possibility that Scarramazino (I know I butchered that) becomes a full time assistant for the defense. And then Rodgers shifts back over to the offensive side? Wasn't he an offensive coach originally when they hired him?

Younger fan here so correct me if I'm wrong... Is it a possibility that Scarramazino (I know I butchered that) becomes a full time assistant for the defense. And then Rodgers shifts back over to the offensive side? Wasn't he an offensive coach originally when they hired him?

Scarmo is still heavily involved in HS and the club circuit, I don't believe he is interested in a jump up.

I expect Powell will be given the job, there is a reason Donahue is announcing now so late into the summer. If they were really going to do a national search he would have announced his retirement in early June, as most coaching searches have wrapped up. Also believe that some of this may have come from up top as the noise from the fanbase has grown louder about the need for a shake up and an injection of youth (relative youth anyway) into the program. Was told that Wildhack has heard routinely about the lax program the last few years from the fanbase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom