Donald Sterling recorded making some racist comments | Syracusefan.com

Donald Sterling recorded making some racist comments

Adam Silver has to act. There's a press conference tonight at 8:30 in regards to this. I have to imagine it will be Silver laying down some kind of repercussions, at least I hope so.

Side note: When youre rich, don't trust anybody, especially your girl.

Yeah, the poor guy can't even cheat on his wife without wondering if he can trust his mistress.
Not an isolated situation and please, half these rich dudes have open relationships where their wives/gf's are doing the same thing.

Several points:

1. TMZ hasn't said how and where this was recorded and who provided the recording. You figure it has to be the girlfriend. But to what end? She's being sued by Sterling's wife to return gifts that are supposedly marital assets. On it's face, making and releasing the tape seems like a bad move for her. That suggests there's something more going on.

2. Welcome to the Commissioner's seat, Adam Silver.

3. Most importantly, this shows the value of $$$. Imagine if this 81-year-old guy didn't have a gazillion dollars. He'd be sitting in assisted living daydreaming about the kind of hot chicks he knew 50 years ago, not dating them.

Several points:

1. TMZ hasn't said how and where this was recorded and who provided the recording. You figure it has to be the girlfriend. But to what end? She's being sued by Sterling's wife to return gifts that are supposedly marital assets. On it's face, making and releasing the tape seems like a bad move for her. That suggests there's something more going on.

2. Welcome to the Commissioner's seat, Adam Silver.

3. Most importantly, this shows the value of $$$. Imagine if this 81-year-old guy didn't have a gazillion dollars. He'd be sitting in assisted living daydreaming about the kind of hot chicks he knew 50 years ago, not dating them.
Easy now the blue pill has done wonders for old folks.

the guy is a well known bigot, with civil judgements and ooc settlements against him for discrimination

I find it curious that those documented actions are not worthy of the NBA taking steps, but the words - oh my god, association execs have the vapors!

the guy is a well known bigot, with civil judgements and ooc settlements against him for discrimination

I find it curious that those documented actions are not worthy of the NBA taking steps, but the words - oh my god, association execs have the vapors!
There is an extremely odd disconnect at play here. He's a known racist. This is zero surprise to anyone that has paid any attention. But now people are angry.

Sterling is such a POS that the NBA should find him something beyond punitive and suspend him. I would fine him 50 million dollars, and make him try to appeal that. Elgin Baylor should refile his lawsuit now and cost Sterling more money. The sad thing is even if Sterling was forced to sell the team he would probably get in excess of 1 billion dollars for the Clippers. Why couldn't Madoff stolen Sterling's money.

There is an extremely odd disconnect at play here. He's a known racist. This is zero surprise to anyone that has paid any attention. But now people are angry.

Isn't he supposed to receive some type of a big reward/honor from the LA NAACP shortly?

I'm still mad that Chris Paul ended up being gift-wrapped to the wrong LA team. That guy has always been the worst owner in the league.

Wow, from CNN...

"In an interesting wrinkle, Sterling is set to be given a lifetime achievement award at an event next month to mark the 100th anniversary of the Los Angeles NAACP."

Wow, from CNN...

"In an interesting wrinkle, Sterling is set to be given a lifetime achievement award at an event next month to mark the 100th anniversary of the Los Angeles NAACP."

Wow you really can't make it up.

Wow, from CNN...

He'd previously been recognized by the LA NAACP in 2009, according to Deadspin.

Even more shocking...Al Sharpton is getting in on it. Planning a protest at the next game. :rolleyes: Just what this situation needs, race mongering. Oh Lord

This man would have nothing to do with his life if it weren't for rich imbeciles with big mouths.

Al, stay out of this and let Mr. Silver do his job.

Wow, from CNN...

apparently, the LA NAACP is in the practice of selling indulgences . . .

No more David Stern + a lot of new owners that don't care for Sterling.

Different world now.

Obama's got something else to focus all his attention on now for the next month..

I kid. But not really.

Strange story. Very curious to see how it plays out. Feel bad for the LAC players and Doc most of all. They're in the middle of a heated playoff series for Christ's sake.

Shocking, Obama interjecting himself into a racially charged national topic. I don't hate on him like many here but seriously POTUS, , focus on something else.

If he had another brother, he'd look like Magic Johnson.