Donald Sterling recorded making some racist comments | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Donald Sterling recorded making some racist comments

Sterling lawyered up.

This is going to take a while, regardless of Lebron's wishes.

Was there any doubt?

Lebron can go to hell as well. Boycott my ass. He doesnt have any problem selling his soul to Nike who it has been proven use child labor to make products on the cheap..but now he develops a conscience when a racist owner, who everyone knew was racist, says something racist.

and play.

Was there any doubt?

Lebron can go to hell as well. Boycott my ass. He doesnt have any problem selling his soul to Nike who it has been proven use child labor to make products on the cheap..but now he develops a conscience when a racist owner, who everyone knew was racist, says something racist.

and play.
Yeah, not surprising at all.

I love the Lebron stuff. It's classic Lebron. Cracks me up.

Yeah, not surprising at all.

I love the Lebron stuff. It's classic Lebron. Cracks me up.

Dude is so phony it's not even funny. Obviously the league is doing everything in its power to remove Sterling as an NBA owner. Unfortunately, Mr. James, we have this thing called the American legal system, which may move just a little bit more slowly than you prefer. Boycotting the league is not going to speed this process up. The league has done/is doing what's needed to be done. Just keep your mouth shut about it and play basketball.

Dude is so phony it's not even funny. Obviously the league is doing everything in its power to remove Sterling as an NBA owner. Unfortunately, Mr. James, we have this thing called the American legal system, which may move just a little bit more slowly than you prefer. Boycotting the league is not going to speed this process up. The league has done/is doing what's needed to be done. Just keep your mouth shut about it and play basketball.
Sometimes I think he might actually believe he actually is a king.

I would like to see Sterling fight this just to see how it plays out. Let's see if the players choose a paycheck over their word.

today, the NBA "initiated a charge" against Sterling, giving him one week to respond. After that, the Association owners will vote on whether to strip him of his franchise rights.

However, NBA commissioner Adam Silver has already levied the punishment - issuing a lifetime ban, a large fine, and announcing his intention to force Sterling to sell his team.

Silver had to act in order to reassure the players, the vast majority of whom are African Americans directly insulted by Sterlings' comments. However, the most powerful figure in the organization announcing a punishment before there has even been a formal charge or hearing is a textbook definition of denial of due process - "we'll give him a fair trial before we hang him."

I don't want this to read as a defense of Sterling - I think it is in the Association's best interests in kicking him out - but we are in for a long ride here. And I think that there is a good chance that, when things are all said in done, the NBA is going to be paying Sterling, not vice versa.

today, the NBA "initiated a charge" against Sterling, giving him one week to respond. After that, the Association owners will vote on whether to strip him of his franchise rights.

However, NBA commissioner Adam Silver has already levied the punishment - issuing a lifetime ban, a large fine, and announcing his intention to force Sterling to sell his team.

Silver had to act in order to reassure the players, the vast majority of whom are African Americans directly insulted by Sterlings' comments. However, the most powerful figure in the organization announcing a punishment before there has even been a formal charge or hearing is a textbook definition of denial of due process - "we'll give him a fair trial before we hang him."

I don't want this to read as a defense of Sterling - I think it is in the Association's best interests in kicking him out - but we are in for a long ride here. And I think that there is a good chance that, when things are all said in done, the NBA is going to be paying Sterling, not vice versa.
I honestly wonder which happens first - the legal proceedings on this end, or Sterling passes away.

moqui said:
today, the NBA "initiated a charge" against Sterling, giving him one week to respond. After that, the Association owners will vote on whether to strip him of his franchise rights. However, NBA commissioner Adam Silver has already levied the punishment - issuing a lifetime ban, a large fine, and announcing his intention to force Sterling to sell his team. Silver had to act in order to reassure the players, the vast majority of whom are African Americans directly insulted by Sterlings' comments. However, the most powerful figure in the organization announcing a punishment before there has even been a formal charge or hearing is a textbook definition of denial of due process - "we'll give him a fair trial before we hang him." I don't want this to read as a defense of Sterling - I think it is in the Association's best interests in kicking him out - but we are in for a long ride here. And I think that there is a good chance that, when things are all said in done, the NBA is going to be paying Sterling, not vice versa.

Don't agree. This isn't the legal definition of due process. This isn't a court of law. The only punishment Silver levied was the ban and the fine. That's within his powers. Selling the team was not a punishment. He only started his intention to make it happen and the NBA is now going through their own "due process" to come to that conclusion. Silver doesn't have the power to make him sell the team. But he has every right to say those are his intentions...working with the owners who do have the power as an organization.

As more and more comes to light on what a terrible individual Sterling is and has always been, I think the league really has to figure out how they failed to police one of their own and allowed it to all come to this stupid tape. He should have been booted years ago.

As more and more comes to light on what a terrible individual Sterling is and has always been, I think the league really has to figure out how they failed to police one of their own and allowed it to all come to this stupid tape. He should have been booted years ago.
That's why I've been saying all along that there's a massive disconnect here.

That's why I've been saying all along that there's a massive disconnect here.

I agree with your comments now. This is just the ammo the NBA needed to get rid of him.