don't get mad at backups playing thursday afternoon vacation scrimmage | Syracusefan.com

don't get mad at backups playing thursday afternoon vacation scrimmage

Sound advice, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.

Bad outcome if some are playing lazily and some are playing to prove themselves.

Same goes for the playcalling.

One won’t be doing it next year.

The other is doing it for the first time, next year is when he really gets to put his stamp on it.

Hoping that the offense pops, and that the defense plays up.

Also hoping that the five weeks off from the BC game will enable key players to get healthy.

But I expect it is going to be a tough game. Hope Shrader looks like September Shrader. If he does, why not?

It’s also a bad matchup for our defense regarding their power run game with their massive OL. But at least with our thinner DB core their passing game isn’t spectacular.

if we're going CO-PROl then pay the winners 5k each . losers sulk. don't play ? don't get paid.

Hey, when all is said and done, I'm just glad we were in a bowl.
I’m happy that the players got to go to a bowl.

I’m going to contradict myself a bit, though, and state that winning six regular season games should happen practically every year.

I’m happy that the players got to go to a bowl.

I’m going to contradict myself a bit, though, and state that winning six regular season games should happen practically every year.

Sure, I agree with this, but it hasn't happened. So, I'm happy we finally got to 6 wins. Let's get at least there next year too.

They were 9 points away from having their third best record in 20 years but we shouldn’t be happy with 7-6?
Getting new players on the OL will help. Allen gets stronger will be good. OG is good, would like to see more of Adams, Alford did well in the game, should breakout next year. Pena was not good at anything this year. Need someone else for KR, and PR next year. Hopefully Jones joins OG, Alford, and Allen to give us receivers who catch and do something with the ball.

They were 9 points away from having their third best record in 20 years but we shouldn’t be happy with 7-6?
No, I’m happy with the team and happy for the players and staff that they made it to a bowl. I’m not calling for people to get fired or players to be passed over.

My original point is that qualifying for a bowl game is not a high bar. Something like 80 teams qualify for a bowl game each year. SU should be in that group every year.

Edit:
I suppose I should focus more on sitting back and appreciating the victories and successes of 2022. College football seasons are too short to complain about too much. I just want to see every season get at least 6.

Last edited:
No, I’m happy with the team and happy for the players and staff that they made it to a bowl. I’m not calling for people to get fired or players to be passed over.

My original point is that qualifying for a bowl game is not a high bar. Something like 80 teams qualify for a bowl game each year. SU should be in that group every year.

Edit:
I suppose I should focus more on sitting back and appreciating the victories and successes of 2022. College football seasons are too short to complain about too much. I just want to see every season get at least 6.
Fair points

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom