Don't Overreact... | Syracusefan.com

Don't Overreact...

cuse522

2nd String
If Dungey doesn't get hurt early, this is likely a win... The program is turning the corner, there will be ups and downs. One of the most important things looking toward next year is for Dungey to learn to avoid unnecessary hits. He needs to know when to slide or get out of bounds and when to throw it away. He's too critical to our team to have him beaten up every week.

That said, there's no reason to freak out and say we won't make a bowl game, unless Dungey's injury proves serious. If he's able to go the rest of the way, I'm still confident that they'll get to six wins.

Dungeys the difference between us being a 2 win or
Dungey being Dungey is the only reason we are even close to being a bowl team. He bails out this team an awful lot.

Him and our line/linebackers playing WAY over their heads

If Dungey doesn't get hurt early, this is likely a win... The program is turning the corner, there will be ups and downs. One of the most important things looking toward next year is for Dungey to learn to avoid unnecessary hits. He needs to know when to slide or get out of bounds and when to throw it away. He's too critical to our team to have him beaten up every week.

That said, there's no reason to freak out and say we won't make a bowl game, unless Dungey's injury proves serious. If he's able to go the rest of the way, I'm still confident that they'll get to six wins.
Unfortunately Dungey is always getting hurt

We are 4 wins 5 losses staring at 4w 8l. Where is this corner that has been turned?

If...If...If. We've been saying that for years. I have always held out hope for this program and this team but we now have to win 2/3 of our remaining games just to become bowl eligible.

I admire Dungey's grit, the toughness on D, etc. but at the end of the day, all we have gained is a few more moral victories. I'll be "all in" next weekend and all future games but this really kills the momentum we had after Clemson.

If...If...If. We've been saying that for years. I have always held out hope for this program and this team but we now have to win 2/3 of our remaining games just to become bowl eligible.

I admire Dungey's grit, the toughness on D, etc. but at the end of the day, all we have gained is a few more moral victories. I'll be "all in" next weekend and all future games but this really kills the momentum we had after Clemson.

I feel sorry for you as an SU fan if that's what you actually believe.

Unreal. If you don't see the tangible improvement in our program, and the trajectory that this coaching staff has us on, I'm not sure what to say.

Are you guys kidding. Clemson LSU Miami FSU LV Pitt NCS BC Wake.

9 extremely good programs. We are making great progress. I think we win out.

I feel sorry for you as an SU fan if that's what you actually believe.

Unreal. If you don't see the tangible improvement in our program, and the trajectory that this coaching staff has us on, I'm not sure what to say.

I've been an SU fan since Archbold/Manley days and have therefore seen a lot. What is wrong with what I said? That loses like this negate the good we saw from Clemson? That we've been able to say "if" many times in the past too. Until we actually turn a corner with wins, we haven't turned the corner. I don't there is anything wrong in giving an honest view of this program. The standings and national rankings will back me up.

Do I feel a different vibe from this coach and his staff? Sure. Does the offense move the ball? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, we are still 4-5 with 3 to go. The results aren't that far off from the previous administration. Will it change? I sure as he!! hope so. But to assume that the potential of this program will absolutely without a doubt be realized is premature.

Just win. Tired of the excuses and the moral victories. They beat Clemson and haven't capitalized on it. They can't win away from the Dome. They can't start out the gate with efficiency. It's always something.

We are 4 wins 5 losses staring at 4w 8l. Where is this corner that has been turned?
Is this serious? This team beat a legit playoff contender. All the losses have been close. We are not getting blown out by anybody. Do we have all the wins we want yet? Of course not. But again...this is year 2 of a complete overhaul. This is college...not the NFL. Did you expect this team to be 7-2 at this point? The team is obviously improving. You may not see it game to game, but if you look at the overall season, and what the teams ceiling is, and you don't see improvement, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

2016: Lost to FSU 45-14 (10-3)
2015: Lost 45-21 (10-3)
2014: Lost 38-20 (13-1)
2013: Lost 59-3 (14-0)

Clearly this team hasn't improved AT ALL under Dino. :rolleyes:
this years seminoles are 3-5 you realize.

What is wrong with what I said? That loses like this negate the good we saw from Clemson? That we've been able to say "if" many times in the past too. Until we actually turn a corner with wins, we haven't turned the corner. I don't there is anything wrong in giving an honest view of this program. The standings and national rankings will back me up.

We lost our starting QB for a quarter. Clemson lost there starting QB for a quarter. Both teams lost close games. A coincidence? This is what's wrong with what you said. You look at it as just another loss and you're very negative, and you're not really giving an honest view. We're talking about an away game against a medium good team with a good coach. If Dungey doesn't get hurt I feel we win this game. And this game wouldn't have been close three years ago.

Do I feel a different vibe from this coach and his staff? Sure. Does the offense move the ball? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, we are still 4-5 with 3 to go. The results aren't that far off from the previous administration. Will it change? I sure as he!! hope so. But to assume that the potential of this program will absolutely without a doubt be realized is premature.

I'm glad at least you hope it will change. For me I feel like we are a competitive team, which we weren't three years ago. I've seen improvement from last year to this, and I see good players commiting, so yes I feel we have turned a corner from non-competitive to competitive. Next corner is to win a bowl game.

I've been an SU fan since Archbold/Manley days and have therefore seen a lot. What is wrong with what I said? That loses like this negate the
good we saw from Clemson? That we've been able to say "if" many times in the past too. Until we actually turn a corner with wins, we haven't turned the corner. I don't there is anything wrong in giving an honest view of this program. The standings and national rankings will back me up.

What's wrong with it is that it's obnoxious. We lost the game on a last second missed kick -- on the road to a team we outplayed, despite not having our starting QB for the entire first quarter, and suffered a tremendously disappointing loss, I'm tired of people condescending to tell others what they should think / feel / believe about the team, or that we need to temper our enthusiasm. Why?

You are entitled to your opinion. If you choose to view the team through the lens of continued futility, then by all means have fun pounding your chest about those standings and national rankings. The progress this team has made is obvious, how competitive we are against top flight teams with far higher rated recruits than ours is obvious, and I'm tremendously excited about the transformation that this head coach and his high performing staff are implementing before our very eyes.

If you think that all we've gained over the last few years is moral victories, per your post above, then you aren't watching the same thing unfold that I am with our program.

We are now playing competitive games against good teams. We had every chance to win today. Not taking the FG at end of 1st half was a killer. Big mistake. In the first half take the points. The FG attempt at the end was a makeable kick which could have been for the win. Making progress.

How are they staring at 4-8? They have their 2 most winnable conference home games still to come? That is far from "staring" at 4-8. If anything it should be "settling" for 6-6.

If you can't see the difference between this team and past year's teams then I don't know what to tell you? And just a hint, but you may not know what you're looking at.

What's wrong with it is that it's obnoxious. We lost the game on a last second missed kick -- on the road to a team we outplayed, despite not having our starting QB for the entire first quarter, and suffered a tremendously disappointing loss, I'm tired of people condescending to tell others what they should think / feel / believe about the team, or that we need to temper our enthusiasm. Why?

You are entitled to your opinion. If you choose to view the team through the lens of continued futility, then by all means have fun pounding your chest about those standings and national rankings. The progress this team has made is obvious, how competitive we are against top flight teams with far higher rated recruits than ours is obvious, and I'm tremendously excited about the transformation that this head coach and his high performing staff are implementing before our very eyes.

If you think that all we've gained over the last few years is moral victories, per your post above, then you aren't watching the same thing unfold that I am with our program.

All they are is moral victories. They haven't won those games. This season could have been special with better execution out the gate. They have no room for error. None.

How are they staring at 4-8? They have their 2 most winnable conference home games still to come? That is far from "staring" at 4-8. If anything it should be "settling" for 6-6.

If you can't see the difference between this team and past year's teams then I don't know what to tell you? And just a hint, but you may not know what you're looking at.

There’s no way we can beat Wake, who also lost to FSU (in their home stadium).

Especially with the way ND is carving them up for 700 yards so far.

4-8 I tell ya. We outgain Clemson and FSU by 100 yards each and we can’t beat Wake and BC at home. Okay.

All they are is moral victories. They haven't won those games. This season could have been special with better execution out the gate. They have no room for error. None.
We won against Clemson.

And all they have to do to get to a bowl is when two of three games, so there IS a margin for error.

Unbelievable. Don't let the facts get in the way of a dopey, pessimistic narrative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom