dont start a fight in a bathroom | Syracusefan.com

dont start a fight in a bathroom

bathrooms bad place to let something escalate too. drunk, slippery floors. lots of hard things to run into, no way for help to come if you have any.

and a shouting match where you are not really expecting someone to cut lose and flying tackle you doesnt help no matter if you know how to fight. At least if you take it outside you have a chance to see it coming. once you are on the bottom you better know how to get up or you are done.

on the other hand say he handle the first punch and was ready for the kid running at him what can he really do.. if he dodges him someone is gonna take some damage hitting a wall or urinal or something. outside you could spin and someone ends up on the ground most of the time.

Pretty sure that Jones is not a 'superb kid', as described by his lawyer.

LOL!!! :p

Jones was “trying to be a peacekeeper.”

The video begins with Jones telling his assailant to “Get the f*** out of here,” before the perpetrator wiped blood from his face on Jones and initiated his attack.

He was trying to de-escalate that situation,” Glass told The Daily. “But unfortunately, it wasn’t de-escalated despite his best efforts, and he became the victim of this vicious assault you’ve seen.”

Sure he was. :rolleyes:

bathrooms bad place to let something escalate too. drunk, slippery floors. lots of hard things to run into, no way for help to come if you have any.

and a shouting match where you are not really expecting someone to cut lose and flying tackle you doesnt help no matter if you know how to fight. At least if you take it outside you have a chance to see it coming. once you are on the bottom you better know how to get up or you are done.

on the other hand say he handle the first punch and was ready for the kid running at him what can he really do.. if he dodges him someone is gonna take some damage hitting a wall or urinal or something. outside you could spin and someone ends up on the ground most of the time.
Really bad places to fight. Both sides should be happy nothing more serious happened. All it takes is the head being at the wrong angle falling backwards and either catching an edge of a sink or striking the floor and stuff goes south real quick. That said, I will loosely quote Mike Tyson. “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”. Those football player frat boys had never been punched in the face before...I am willing to bet it was an eye opening experience. I would wager that there will be less stupidity from them in the future.

Your thread title should be "Don't start a fight in a bathroom in Oklahoma"

Actually, don't do anything in Oklahoma.
1614045120115.jpeg

I love the “which one do you want comment” just before the punches start flying
I've watched this video more times than I care to admit. I have to say, the comment you pointed out, and the wiping of the blood on the dude's cheek were pretty badazz.

Some other thoughts/comments:
1. Imagine minding your own business, taking a leak, and all of a sudden, two brawls break out 5 feet away from you.
2. The dude in the crapper finishes his business, drink in hand :)vomit:), sees a guy on top of another, just raining punches, puts a hand on the puncher, and then thinks better of it, like "nah, I'm out"
3. The turtleneck with the sherpa lined jean jacket. Mork meets the Marlboro Man
4. Dudes rolling around in piss, no masks, etc.
5. If this guy resumes his FB career, that first spring practice won't be fun for him
6. The guy filming, and his commentary
7. Also, no way that the guys who got pounded were innocent victims

As soon as I saw him lock that left leg in, I knew it was over.

As for Jones be a peacemaker and a superb kid, he just might be both, but it didn't help that his buddy pushed the MMA guy. That's what started the escalation.

As a former wrestler loved this video.

Dude got the takedowndown then
sank the leg- got the crab ride going and had immediate hand control.

Riding a little high, but regained leverage with the guillotine. Tilted him for back points, all while landing the occasional punch.

His buddy intercepts Jean jacket dude gets him in a good headlock then stabilizes himself before slamming him into the bathroom door. Then commences with haymakers.

great technique by both guys.

I have friends who wrestled, just in high school, and I would not mess with them. Once you are on the ground, you're done.
What also helps this (obviously), even as a wrestler, is the bigger and stronger you are...and MMA training helps too.

I think it’s safe to say the football player dudes were being the aggressors and the tough guys. The wrestlers/mma guys appear to show restraint up until the point where they were forced into something. Could they have walked away? Maybe but this is where context is needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom