Don't Sweat This... | Syracusefan.com

Don't Sweat This...

mantonio

Starter
Watching Noel at the decision desk, I could sense he will become meaningless in the grand scheme of our success or Kentucky's.

I have a good feel for people, & his spirit is completely out of sync. When you exploit the cameras with a logo fade cut, something is not quite right in mentalville...

Kentucky bought & paid for this kid, & he will be gone by this time next year, right after Kentucky loses in the elite 8 to Florida State.

This guy & his family are out for fame & fortune, honor & adherence be damned. They will get what they want, but it won't make them good people, nor will it help Kentucky...

If he would have chose Syracuse, you would have been guaranteeing a National Championship.

I was about to say that this must be a fake Mantonio because the post didn't contain a single word spelled in all CAPS.

Then I read the second post.

So because of the kid's haircut he is not a good person? Just wow. :crazy:

So because of the kid's haircut he is not a good person? Just wow. :crazy:

Well, the logo part makes many of us angry. I'm really starting to doubt this last minute thing with the "reality tv" culture we live in. The kid was able to keep quiet long enough to get whatever he had coming from ESPN. Just curious, does he get paid for that? Sorry for the naive question, I don't know the rules concerning such.

I will agree that Mantonio has changed a bit since last season. Not quite as colorful as in the past...not the comic book hero we had come to know. Mantonio, has the government drugged you or something? In all seriousness, you seem like you've gotten more spiritual or philosophical or something. You still see the bright side of things, and that's what I'm trying to do(last night was hard for me).

Every program doesn't get every recruit they go after. It's only natural to get caught up in the excitment of what a #1 ranked player could do for one's team. Everyone here would have been extremely excited if Noel had selected Syracuse. Part of the beauty of living in America is that we have the freedom to make decisions for ourselves. It's best to just wish the best for the kids who choose a different school rather than letting something which really isn't that important tempt you into saying things that smack of "sour grapes".

The classy thing to do is wish him well and move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom