Donte Greene arrested | Syracusefan.com

Donte Greene arrested

Wow, that is sad and disturbing. Wonder what happened to his life to lead to this. Looks like he made over 5 mil in his 4 year career. Really too bad.

The dude enters a gas station and tells the clerk to give him all of this money, without a weapon. Beforehand, he takes everything out of his pockets and takes off his shirt. Yeah, I think he needs a LOT of help. Obviously Donte is not well.

What a shame. He made over $5 million in the NBA. Obviously needs major help.

He probably took home just over 2 mil - that is literally chicken feed in the game of life - let alone for someone like Donte that had no plans - Rich Dad Poor Dad should be absolute mandatory reading by the 4th grade - then we re-read it in the 5th and 6th

The dude enters a gas station and tells the clerk to give him all of this money, without a weapon. Beforehand, he takes everything out of his pockets and takes off his shirt. Yeah, I think he needs a LOT of help. Obviously Donte is not well.

I already assumed drugs and alcohol were a factor

$2 million is “chicken feed?”

Chicken Feed - buys u an average house in Miami where you then get a 40K per year tax bill - so yeah, chicken feed - he spent that within 90 days of receiving it

I don’t know what is going on in his life. Very sad. Should be mandatory for every college athlete to do a financial class first and second semester of freshman year. Help protect these young kids when they get that big pay day. I can’t imagine what I would have done if I received millions of dollars at the age of 19.

I don’t know what is going on in his life. Very sad. Should be mandatory for every college athlete to do a financial class first and second semester of freshman year. Help protect these young kids when they get that big pay day. I can’t imagine what I would have done if I received millions of dollars at the age of 19.
Don't think that kind of class is going to make a difference on someone ike Donte. Imagine he didn't even complete his 2nd semester

You didn’t have to be a genius to think that this kid was not ready physically when he left after his freshman year. He had absolutely no handle nor any kind of understanding of the game.

Sad story.

Don't think that kind of class is going to make a difference on someone ike Donte. Imagine he didn't even complete his 2nd semester
So we just don’t try? Obviously it won’t work for everyone. But isn’t it better to help 1-2 people if possible? I hate when people just “assume” it won’t help people. So why even try. You never know how some things may affect people for good or bad. But at least universities try.

I don’t think ex NBA players get any money from the NBA’s pension plan until they’re 45? Or maybe even 50?

People scoff at this stuff on here when they are on their “gotta start that earning clock ASAP”, but SU legends like Wallace get paid to go around to schools and give speeches and also to sign autographs. Thinking about how you can set yourself up to get paid off basketball even when you no longer play basketball is probably something big time star college b-ball players should consider.

Glad he didn't hurt anyone. I really think we need to put people who do things like this in jail for at least a little while. He could get evaluated and required to get help but as a society I think we need to stop coddling people who do things like this. If I hear "he made a mistake" one more time for people who do things like what Donte did I think I will be sick. He broke the law, punishment may deter others.

Glad he didn't hurt anyone. I really think we need to put people who do things like this in jail for at least a little while. He could get evaluated and required to get help but as a society I think we need to stop coddling people who do things like this. If I hear "he made a mistake" one more time for people who do things like what Donte did I think I will be sick. He broke the law, punishment may deter others.
Unfortunately that makes it much harder to get a job and be a productive member of society once he’s out of jail.

So we just don’t try? Obviously it won’t work for everyone. But isn’t it better to help 1-2 people if possible? I hate when people just “assume” it won’t help people. So why even try. You never know how some things may affect people for good or bad. But at least universities try.
I think the folks that would benefit from a personal finance 101 class and a guy like Donte are on different ends of the spectrum. He was 19, had his ass kissed nonstop by adults since puberty and in his mind was gonna make 100+ million by the time he was 30.

From the few details that were included it sure seems like mandatory rehab would be far more beneficial to both him and society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom