Dordevic out for Colgate on Friday | Syracusefan.com

Dordevic out for Colgate on Friday

Ruh roh.

Lipka on the first line. Cook rotating through on the second. My best guesses

Tough blow, hopefully is was just a minor setback as it appeared unlikely he was going to be ready to go for this Friday anyway. Fingers crossed.

"Reinjured." Great. Were people pushing him too much to be ready for Colgate? Who allowed that to happen? If he was being pushed so hard for Colgate and now won't even be ready for Albany then someone on the medical staff needs to be fired for not stepping in or seeing the potential for re injury. What a disaster.

did i not call this already? i should be a psychic. let’s hope the same doesn’t happen to fernandez.

did i not call this already? i should be a psychic. let’s hope the same doesn’t happen to fernandez.
You certainly did. Amazing that someone who (I'm assuming) isn't a doctor and doesn't even know the specifics of Dordevics injuries can see a potential situation for re injury and a trained generously paid medical staff/coaching staff cannot. Ridiculous

Horrible news. Betting he's out for multiple games. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
"Reinjured." Great. Were people pushing him too much to be ready for Colgate? Who allowed that to happen? If he was being pushed so hard for Colgate and now won't even be ready for Albany then someone on the medical staff needs to be fired for not stepping in or seeing the potential for re injury. What a disaster.
This is quite the leap, IMO. Who, besides you, said he was 'being pushed so hard'? Honest question. I may have missed it somewhere.

This is quite the leap, IMO. Who, besides you, said he was 'being pushed so hard'? Honest question. I may have missed it somewhere.
I agree with you here 100%. If he was being pushed too hard, he was probably pushing himself. Medical professionals can’t just stop someone from going on the field. Tucker is the kind of guy who lives on field and probably just got a little too excited. Hopefully he will just miss the Colgate game.

Umm, this is quite the leap, IMO. Who, besides you, said he was 'being pushed so hard'? Honest question. I may have missed it somewhere.

Desko said he would be ready by Friday even though he was still walking around in a boot on the day of the scrimmage. Even one of the reporters after asking about Dordevic seemed incredulous and commented to Desko about the walking boot. They weren't confident enough to play him against Yale on Saturday but confident enough that he would be fine by Friday? That right there tells me it was being forced. And look at the results, which really speak for themselves. As for the firing part file that away in the spicy H0T Takes archives. I'm just rattled since this seemed avoidable. I admittedly don't know that he was "being pushed so hard" but it just seems forced to prep someone you didn't feel comfortable playing in a live scrimmage for a game 6 days later.

I agree with you here 100%. If he was being pushed too hard, he was probably pushing himself. Medical professionals can’t just stop someone from going on the field. Tucker is the kind of guy who lives on field and probably just got a little too excited. Hopefully he will just miss the Colgate game.

Medical professionals can 100% stop someone from going on the field. It is their job to stop someone from going on the field. Obviously Dordevic will want to play as soon as possible and fight to play as soon as possible. That's the way he should be. It is up to medical professionals to reign that energy in when there is potential for injury.

Medical professionals can 100% stop someone from going on the field. It is their job to stop someone from going on the field. Obviously Dordevic will want to play as soon as possible and fight to play as soon as possible. That's the way he should be. It is up to medical professionals to reign that energy in when there is potential for injury.
I see what your saying here, but it takes one person to think they know more than that professional and they will still do it. A medical professional can’t just handcuff someone to the bench to prevent them.

Shut him down for the year. Let the injury fully heal. No reason to affect this kid long term. Without the details it’s impossible to say but when I hear reinjured that tells me the player needs an extended period of time off. I would love for him to come back this year but id rather have 3 healthy years for him and the team. Gotta think kid first in this scenario.

Desko said he would be ready by Friday even though he was still walking around in a boot on the day of the scrimmage. Even one of the reporters after asking about Dordevic seemed incredulous and commented to Desko about the walking boot. They weren't confident enough to play him against Yale on Saturday but confident enough that he would be fine by Friday? That right there tells me it was being forced. And look at the results, which really speak for themselves. As for the firing part file that away in the spicy H0T Takes archives. I'm just rattled since this seemed avoidable. I admittedly don't know that he was "being pushed so hard" but it just seems forced to prep someone you didn't feel comfortable playing in a live scrimmage for a game 6 days later.
I think you're reading too much into this. The medical staff fully cleared him. I highly doubt the coaching staff was pushing him more than he was pushing himself.

Just my opinion.

SU is if anything extra cautious when it comes to players and injuries. Foot injuries especially are notorious for re-aggravations, setbacks and lengthy absences. Penn State dealt with a similar issue last year with one of their main offensive cogs. The initial feedback from the syracuse.com article does not look good but at this point all we can do is hope its a few weeks issue versus season ending. Either way better to happen now then a month in and the option for a red-shirt is gone. SU has a lot of midfield depth, we need some guys to step up in his absence.

I think you're reading too much into this. The medical staff fully cleared him. I highly doubt the coaching staff was pushing him more than he was pushing himself.

Just my opinion.

Sigh...you're probably right. It stems mainly from anger at the situation, and the whole not confident enough to play him for a scrimmage but confident enough to prep him for a game aspect. Dordevic is irreplaceable. Yes we have lots of midfield depth but we have nobody who can match his athleticism/dodging ability. At times last year he could score dodging against a long pole and make it look easy. When we had no one else to turn to he could create something out of nothing. Only one or two guys on our team can do that as well as him and we desperately need more people who can. It is a major loss and I'm upset.

physic in British
(ˈfɪzɪk )

noun
1. rare
a medicine or drug, esp a cathartic or purge

Good for Bowel purge

Sigh...you're probably right. It stems mainly from anger at the situation, and the whole not confident enough to play him for a scrimmage but confident enough to prep him for a game aspect. Dordevic is irreplaceable. Yes we have lots of midfield depth but we have nobody who can match his athleticism/dodging ability. At times last year he could score dodging against a long pole and make it look easy. When we had no one else to turn to he could create something out of nothing. Only one or two guys on our team can do that as well as him and we desperately need more people who can. It is a major loss and I'm upset.
Totally get it.

Its been long known that he wasn't playing Friday night and hasn't been practicing. The earliest we could see him on the field is late April, if he plays at all this year. Its a shame that Desko is hiding the truth on another injured player

Any idea of WHEN he was cleared to practice? Like others, I didn't understand why we were even publicly entertaining a player being ready in some form for the season opener who missed all of fall ball/scrimmages and both spring scrimmages. There were some here who thought he could actually play some Friday based on Desko's comments. Was Desko trying to give Colgate something to think about? I like the element of surprise better..saying a player won't be ready knowing they are further along.

A player who was still in a walking boot last week can be managed in practice once cleared; he didn't re-aggravate this injury at his apartment. I hope fully cleared didn't mean full reps to the staff administering practice. We won't know and it's speculation on all our parts, but this is disappointing news to hear.

Major bummer and obviously a big disappointment. Hoping that if the injury really is that serious, they give him the full year to recover. Would be upset if he comes back to only play in a handful of games and lose a year of eligibility.

Its been long known that he wasn't playing Friday night and hasn't been practicing. The earliest we could see him on the field is late April, if he plays at all this year. Its a shame that Desko is hiding the truth on another injured player

If he's not expected back until late April your better off shutting him down at this point and taking a red-shirt. Unless he was back 100% healthy and SU had a legit shot at a title it makes no sense to bring him back at that point. Ugh.

If he's not expected back until late April your better off shutting him down at this point and taking a red-shirt. Unless he was back 100% healthy and SU had a legit shot at a title it makes no sense to bring him back at that point. Ugh.
I get it from the standpoint of trying to keep the other teams at a disadvantage. But with technology and the ease of communication between players/friends, I find it hard to believe they didn't already know he was playing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom