Doug Gottlieb Rates Team Performances...and guess what he gives 'Cuse? | Syracusefan.com

Doug Gottlieb Rates Team Performances...and guess what he gives 'Cuse?

arbitragegls

All Conference
...an A for the play last year. Even indicates with Melo could have been a national championship team...wow; where did that come from: From Gottlieb:

Big East

Syracuse Orange: A
Considering all the distractions they had to deal with, this was an outstanding team from start to finish. In fact, had Fab Melo not been suspended, we might have had a different national champion. A Big East regular-season title and an Elite Eight run without Melo? That's a great season, especially with the outside distractions.

It shouldn't be all that surprising. Most people were upset with him because he continually pick out our flaws and tried to suggest that they were bigger problems than others felt they were e.g. no Dude. If he truly believed what he was saying then, than our ultimate accomplishments should rank pretty high with him because we should have exceeded his expectations for us, especially with the loss of Melo.

This season was incredible. How many teams, 2 days before the NCAA tournament, could lose their starting center after months of media scrutiny about sex abuse allegations and drug policy violations and be a couple baskets away from the Final 4 in probably the toughest bracket?

This season was incredible. How many teams, 2 days before the NCAA tournament, could lose their starting center after months of media scrutiny about sex abuse allegations and drug policy violations and be a couple baskets away from the Final 4 in probably the toughest bracket?

My answer: Syracuse?

Did I win??!?

...an A for the play last year. Even indicates with Melo could have been a national championship team...wow; where did that come from: From Gottlieb:

Big East

Syracuse Orange: A
Considering all the distractions they had to deal with, this was an outstanding team from start to finish. In fact, had Fab Melo not been suspended, we might have had a different national champion. A Big East regular-season title and an Elite Eight run without Melo? That's a great season, especially with the outside distractions.

This cannot be true. You wrote this yourself and attributed it to Gottlieb. He is a no-nothing douchey scumbag who has no idea what he is talking about.

We all know Gottlieb hates SU and would never say anything positive.

44cuse

This cannot be true. You wrote this yourself and attributed it to Gottlieb. He is a no-nothing douchey scumbag who has no idea what he is talking about.

We all know Gottlieb hates SU and would never say anything positive.

44cuse
Please do not use the word WE ! I find him insightful, interesting and not a Yes-man talking-head.

Syracuse this year to most opponents were closer to the Syracuse Bulldogs i.e the villians
Skip to about 2 minute mark

Syracuse this year to most opponents were closer to the Syracuse Bulldogs i.e the villians
Skip to about 2 minute mark

OGGLETHORPE??????

an honest statement, but he did say "distractions" twice

With all of the analysis on NN tweets, I'm guessing there wasn't enough energy left to see the possible backhanded compliment there. Heck, to me it looks more likely than not, after your post made me think about it a but more. When you can't argue with the success of someone you don't like, that's often the best strategy if you can do it well. Apparently he can, at least well enough.

He ruined the day for all the homers who never want to hear a bad word about our team.
But Gottlieb can't be right. He doesn't know anything.
That means our season must have been disastrous.
I'll bet he even told Fab not to worry about school.

With all of the analysis on NN tweets, I'm guessing there wasn't enough energy left to see the possible backhanded compliment there. Heck, to me it looks more likely than not, after your post made me think about it a but more. When you can't argue with the success of someone you don't like, that's often the best strategy if you can do it well. Apparently he can, at least well enough.
I think it's his honest assessment of SU's season, and nothing more or less than that. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I think it's his honest assessment of SU's season, and nothing more or less than that. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Tell that to Monica Lewinsky. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom