Doug Gottlieb's regret | Syracusefan.com

Doug Gottlieb's regret

He was tweeting like crazy last night, imploring IU to zone us. And after IU did zone us and Tyler then Trevor hit threes (and IU quickly went back to a m2m) he changed his tune real quick...

His just an a**!

still better than .....oh I already forgot his name on 1260

Wow. Dougie is an even worse guy that I thought. And the bar isn't set to high to begin with.

I don't agree. Flynn displayed very good basketball intelligence early in his career, in my opinion. As that season went on and we lost Devendorf and for awhile were down to like 6-7 players, he forced it more often. But that was understandable.

He was a very good player on a very solid team as a sophomore, in a season where we played one of our most difficult schedules ever and still won 28 games and made the sweet 16.

No need to take a shot at Flynn, he was a very good college point guard and one of the better ones we've ever had. It's real easy to talk like he was nothing now that his NBA career didn't work out. 5'10 guys don't get to the NBA without at least a decent amount of basketball smarts. The poster boy for super athletic, super gifted idiots...that's not Flynn.

And furthermore...if MCW wasn't shocking the world and was struggling in the NBA right now(as many people expected him to if we're being honest), would Gottlieb have replaced Flynn's name with MCW? That would look really dumb to do right now, but rewind a few months back, and think about how many were saying things like that.

Last edited:
I don't agree. Flynn displayed very good basketball intelligence early in his career, in my opinion. As that season went on and we lost Devendorf and for awhile were down to like 6-7 players, he forced it more often. But that was understandable.

He was a very good player on a very solid team as a sophomore, in a season where we played one of our most difficult schedules ever and still won 28 games and made the sweet 16.

No need to take a shot at Flynn, he was a very good college point guard and one of the better ones we've ever had. It's real easy to talk like he was nothing now that his NBA career didn't work out. 5'10 guys don't get to the NBA without at least a decent amount of basketball smarts. The poster boy for super athletic, super gifted idiots...that's not Flynn.

And furthermore...if MCW wasn't shocking the world and was struggling in the NBA right now(as many people expected him to if we're being honest), would Gottlieb have replaced Flynn's name with MCW? That would look really dumb to do right now, but rewind a few months back, and think about how many were saying things like that.

Flynn was great he just wasnt your prototypical NBA type guard. The best and worst thing that happened to Flynn was the 6OT game. I have steadfast maintained that had Devo's shot gone down and we didnt go into the 6 OT's (which we won BTW) then he would have had that amazing memorable performance that he had in the OT's and I think he comes back to school. His stock went through the roof that night.

When I got accepted to SU one of my high school teachers said she couldn't picture me there among all those New York City Jews.
I remember when I was in highschool one of the Sociology professors came and spoke to our class. He had just published an article on racism against Jewish students on college campuses. He was not amused when many of us laughed at his reference to Syracuse Jewniversity.

gottlieb? doesn't that translate into " man who loves goats from behind"

goatface.jpg

The Jewish population in CNY isn't the biggest but the Jewish student population must be pretty high IMO.

The Jewish population at SU used to be about 33% of the undergrads.

Syracuse, along with schools like BU, NYU, and American U or GWU in DC has been called the "Oy Vey" League.

Hard to imagine how Gottleib wouldn't feel comfortable at SU and how he would even know the ethnic composition of Onondaga County. Most SU students spend their entire time at SU "on the Hill".

It's because he's a douche trolling for any kind of website traffic or retweets he can get.

Not sure if I've grasped the tone of this post (or his tweet) but Cooney is a CNY name, no? At least that's how my family pronounces Hofmann's coneys (think they call them "snappy grillers" when you buy them at the market).
CO-Knee vs Koo knee Just call him White Hot

supp said:
Not sure if I've grasped the tone of this post (or his tweet) but Cooney is a CNY name, no? At least that's how my family pronounces Hofmann's coneys (think they call them "snappy grillers" when you buy them at the market).

Gottlieb wanted to be Orange (and was a legacy) but JB never recruited him ... Doug has been resentful (and seeking an excuse) ever since.

I have to be honest, I think with this one you guys are seriously reaching. I didn't think any of what he was tweeting was trolling or taking digs.

The Cooney being the perfect name thing was I obviously in reference to coneys, and how people pronounce that word. And I agree with his assessment of Ennis vs Flynn. They are exact opposites at the PG spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom