Doug Marrone Likes The Way You Dislike Him | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone Likes The Way You Dislike Him

So wait . . . he likes us or he doesn't like us?

We've gone from this:

to this: "He's not inclined to talk much about Syracuse."

With all the talk about his dream job and he loves this schools and this community and he wants to mold young minds, he could have at least addressed the fans with his reasons for leaving. Was it just the opportunity for an NFl job? (Supposedly he was already on the short list for those when he came here.) Was it lack facilities and unfulfilled promises regarding them? (Dr. Gross says what we have now is better than what USC has.) Was it a lack of fan support? Was it those "bad letters" he talked about? Was it a personal problem with the administration? Even if he wasn't specific, he could have hinted about it. Instead, after that opening, he just bugged out.

Good Luck in Buffalo Doug...you are gonna need it!

Helpful Hint: RENT don't BUY! I don't see ya lasting there long

If Marrone, from the moment he was officially announced as HC of the Bills, spent more than 5 minutes lamenting about what the fans at SU think, then the Bills are in for a world of hurt. Like it or not, this is as it should be. This is the NFL. Marrone should be thinking of nothing else! He has a lot on his plate...

As far as Marrone leaving for the NFL, I wasn't that bothered by it. The way he handled it I thought left a sour taste but I didn't really care too much. After reading this article I really come away from this liking him less. It the long run it doesn't matter to me he is gone now but I feel like there is some sort of issue he has with the university or fan base or both. He has been less than graceful with this departure.

Hey Dougie...

mr-rogers-finger.gif

Was it just the opportunity for an NFl job? (Supposedly he was already on the short list for those when he came here.) Was it lack facilities and unfulfilled promises regarding them? (Dr. Gross says what we have now is better than what USC has.) Was it a lack of fan support? Was it those "bad letters" he talked about? Was it a personal problem with the administration?

Yes

We've gone from this:

With all the talk about his dream job and he loves this schools and this community and he wants to mold young minds, he could have at least addressed the fans with his reasons for leaving. Was it just the opportunity for an NFl job? (Supposedly he was already on the short list for those when he came here.) Was it lack facilities and unfulfilled promises regarding them? (Dr. Gross says what we have now is better than what USC has.) Was it a lack of fan support? Was it those "bad letters" he talked about? Was it a personal problem with the administration? Even if he wasn't specific, he could have hinted about it. Instead, after that opening, he just bugged out.
If it was any of those:
1. NFL opportunity - good for him. I understand completely.
2. Lack of facilities - weak, obviously it didn't take much to get a plan to go forward.
3. Lack of fan support - really weak, just win baby.
4. Bad Letters - so weak, wait till they burn a cross on his front yard in Buffalo.
5. Personal problem - like sooo weak, who doesn't have personal problems with bosses at work.

If Gross had any balls, he would pay for a sign in Bills Stadium like at Yankee Stadium

"Syracuse is New York's College Team"

Why not? Sounds like a good idea.

If there's enough cash lying around, he should also get that sign done at MetLife, MSG, CitiField, Barclays and the First Niagara Center.

He's not our coach Scott is , time to move on to things that are relevant to our program moving forward.

We've gone from this:
Maybe he thinks we left his program, and he doesn't talk about people who've left the program.
The loss of the "us" attitude is what made his departure bitter.
I'll still root for him like I would for any SU grad, but he's on double secret probation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom