Doug Marrone | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone

anomander

Living Legend
Ok hear me out. Why wouldn’t we go all in on the only coach to have success here over the last 30 years ? The time will never be more right. As much as he apparently dislikes recruiting he is back in college. He has scratched the NFL itch and was good enough to be coveted by several NFL franchises. We have the facilities he didn’t get when he was here first. We have the ACC affiliation. As much as people say he didn’t like recruiting he recruited better than both Shafer and Babers with awful facilities and Big East affiliation. Marrone consistently developed players, something neither of the 2 following regimes have managed to do. This is a loss that you absolutely can’t have. Things have got worse. Name 1 offensive player Babers has developed offensively that he recruited other than Taj. After this game I am done with Babers and want to see Wildhack at very least make an effort to bring Marrone home.

I’d be shocked if this team gets to 4. To be honest, I wouldn’t care if we made the move extremely soon. It’s that bad. Trash offence from an “offensive” coach.

I'm all for it. I liked Doug and never begrudged him the decision to go to the NFL. Babers lost me when we got crushed at Maryland. I see him as being on par with Greg Robinson as a coach. Dino is likeable and a nice guy, but has had a miserable career here.

I don’t think he would come back either but if he did I would forget and forgive the dream job thing in a heartbeat
Not a fan of bringing him back though I may give him the benefit in that it seems he was somewhat honest in that quote. Then the university didn't commit like he thought they would and he jumped. Perhaps now that we've shown more of a financial commitment he would be inclined to come back?

Even if we had good recruiting, I'm not sure they would even be used. No idea what the gameplan was today, or what was running through Dino's mind most of the time. The game was completely mismanaged, the team (and coach) were undisciplined, and on year 6 it's clear that Dino is never going to clean these things up.

I never felt that way with Marrone.

The D is top notch. Maybe the games will be more enjoyable if I just focus on their play, formations, and strategy.

At this point, it's clear that Dungey's creativity and occasional rebellion is what led to the 10-win season.

Ok hear me out. Why wouldn’t we go all in on the only coach to have success here over the last 30 years ? The time will never be more right. As much as he apparently dislikes recruiting he is back in college. He has scratched the NFL itch and was good enough to be coveted by several NFL franchises. We have the facilities he didn’t get when he was here first. We have the ACC affiliation. As much as people say he didn’t like recruiting he recruited better than both Shafer and Babers with awful facilities and Big East affiliation. Marrone consistently developed players, something neither of the 2 following regimes have managed to do. This is a loss that you absolutely can’t have. Things have got worse. Name 1 offensive player Babers has developed offensively that he recruited other than Taj. After this game I am done with Babers and want to see Wildhack at very least make an effort to bring Marrone home.
let me try. First, his big years were winning 6 or 7 game sin the old Big East. Second, he also didn't bring in any QB's that could play. I will pass on Marrone. I hope we get someone young that can build this thing and wants to recruit.

He did not recruit better. Most of the better players were recruited before or after him. What he did well was develop players. He is a great oline coach. I have no idea what the future holds for him but I doubt the color Orange is in it.

Sign me up. But I don’t think he’d come back. He’s probably getting almost the same salary as a line coach at Alabama

LOL that’s so laughably, probably accurate.

Not a fan of bringing him back though I may give him the benefit in that it seems he was somewhat honest in that quote. Then the university didn't commit like he thought they would and he jumped. Perhaps now that we've shown more of a financial commitment he would be inclined to come back?
He also jumped the Bills. I will pass.

Didn’t st Doug alienate a bunch of alumni and potential boosters? For better or for worse recruiting is the life blood of college sports and the hc plays a huge role there… can’t put source it.

Personally, I don’t really care any more… I’ve been watching cuse football since the mid-80s. I’ve watched my one game of the year today and I’ll check in again next September to see who the new hc is. But really it feels like the program is swirling the drain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom