SWFLCUSE

All Conference
Kansas 9-4, Ranked 19th before tonight's loss
Kentucky 10-3, Ranked 15th
Duke 11-3 7th, Ranked before their loss to ND
North Carolina, 10-4 19th before tonight's loss
Indiana 10-5 Unranked
UCLA 12-2 with not a single good win

It is crazy to think all of these schools are struggling in the same year when the first four all started in the top 12 in the nation. I know preseason polls don't mean much, but these are teams that are all suppose to be final four threats year in and year out. Maybe we shouldn't want to be a part of this industrious club.;)

I think Kansas, Kentucky, and Duke will all have a legit shot to be there at the end.

Parity is doing work. Makes CBB more exciting but at the expense of the traditional powers.

I think Kansas, Kentucky, and Duke will all have a legit shot to be there at the end.
Abolutely. Don't want to run into any of them in the early rounds.

Big 12 refs will need even bigger checks this year to get Kansas to a conference title. To be fair Kansas, has played a much harder schedule than anybody else in the elite. But you have to win!

There is no doubt in my mind that Kentucky is going to be extremely good when March rolls around.

Indiana 10-5 Unranked

It is crazy to think all of these schools are struggling in the same year when the first four all started in the top 12 in the nation. I know preseason polls don't mean much, but these are teams that are all suppose to be final four threats year in and year out. Maybe we shouldn't want to be a part of this industrious club.;)

The curse of the early exit and more specifically the one and done. Hard to guarantee good team chemistry every year, if you have to bring a lot of new components. We've been lucky to have good senior leadership the last couple of years to match with our early entrants (one/two year players).

Indiana 10-5 Unranked

Non-blue bloods.

11-3, 17th before losses to Houston and SMU
Georgetown 11-3 , unranked
Michigan 10-4, unranked
Marquette 9-6, unranked
Memphis 10-3, 18th before loss to Cinn
Gonzaga 14-2, 24th with WVU/Arkansas as their best win
VCU 12-3, unranked
Creighton, unranked

IMO, we are the next closest thing to being a blue blood. Further, we're having an exceptional year thus far. After we win the title this year, Syracuse will continue to move its way into that category. That would make at least 3 Elite 8 teams in a row for us and 2 straight Final 4's. ;)

IMO, we are the next closest thing to being a blue blood. Further, we're having an exceptional year thus far. After we win the title this year, Syracuse will continue to move its way into that category. That would make at least 3 Elite 8 teams in a row for us and 2 straight Final 4's. ;)

I agree that we're the on tier below (historically speaking, of course)...along with Michigan State, Louisville, Arizona, and Ohio State. So far, the second tier has been better than the first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom