Class of 2020 - OL Joshua Ilaoa (NC) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OL Joshua Ilaoa (NC) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be incredibly shocked if Dino isn't tweeting out 11 oranges on July 4th . Unless someone else commits before then ;)

Ilaoa is rated as a three star prospect as a defensive tackle by 247Sports. However, Syracuse is recruiting him as an interior offensive lineman. Ilaoa is listed at 6-foot-3, 280 pounds. You can watch his highlights from his junior season at Mallard Creek in the video at the top of the page. The video features highlights of Ilaoa on both sides of the ball. Syracuse has prioritized Ilaoa for some time, and lead recruiter Steve Stanard has worked hard to develop a strong relationship.

Syracuse has put considerable effort into recruiting the Carolinas over the last two cycles. The Orange signed four players from the two states in the 2019 class, and have one commitment already in 2020. Grabbing Ilaoa along with the already committed Stefon Thompson would be a big win on the recruiting trail.

Syracuse's efforts into the two ACC footprint states are a result of the recruiting efforts of assistant Steve Stanard. Immediately after being hired, despite it being late in the 2018 cycle, Syracuse offered 11 players from the Carolinas. In 2019, that number grew to 28. Syracuse has offered 23 prospects in the 2020 cycle thus far, and that number should only inflate in the coming months.

gif_temp.gif

Ilaoa is rated as a three star prospect as a defensive tackle by 247Sports. However, Syracuse is recruiting him as an interior offensive lineman. Ilaoa is listed at 6-foot-3, 280 pounds. You can watch his highlights from his junior season at Mallard Creek in the video at the top of the page. The video features highlights of Ilaoa on both sides of the ball. Syracuse has prioritized Ilaoa for some time, and lead recruiter Steve Stanard has worked hard to develop a strong relationship.

Syracuse has put considerable effort into recruiting the Carolinas over the last two cycles. The Orange signed four players from the two states in the 2019 class, and have one commitment already in 2020. Grabbing Ilaoa along with the already committed Stefon Thompson would be a big win on the recruiting trail.

Syracuse's efforts into the two ACC footprint states are a result of the recruiting efforts of assistant Steve Stanard. Immediately after being hired, despite it being late in the 2018 cycle, Syracuse offered 11 players from the Carolinas. In 2019, that number grew to 28. Syracuse has offered 23 prospects in the 2020 cycle thus far, and that number should only inflate in the coming months.
It appears Ilaoa is a Samoan surname. There are a lot of Ilaoas in Hawaii, where I think a lot of people from American Samoa have migrated.

When Dino talks about Ohana, it probably resonates with the Ilaoa family.

His strength really stands out to me. I could see him in a couple of years in a video, straining to lift 700 pounds, like young Josh Black just did.

It appears Ilaoa is a Samoan surname. There are a lot of Ilaoas in Hawaii, where I think a lot of people from American Samoa have migrated.

When Dino talks about Ohana, it probably resonates with the Ilaoa family.

His strength really stands out to me. I could see him in a couple of years in a video, straining to lift 700 pounds, like young Josh Black just did.

This would be a terrific kid to get. He looks like he has very strong hands in his video clips. We need interior linemen on both sides of the ball.

To me, looking at who is already committed, I think we need 4 interior linemen; 2 on each side of the ball. We need 2 WRs (and have some hot prospects), probably 2 QBs and another LB or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.