Class of 2018 - DT Nesta Silvera (FL) Verbal to Miami | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DT Nesta Silvera (FL) Verbal to Miami

Offers from BGSU, Kentucky, Miss St, USF, Temple Syracuse

Up top it said DT but the highlights show him all on O-line.

http://www.todaysu.com/recruiting/cfb-recruiting/2018-dt-nesta-silvera-talks-usf-offer/

2018 DT Nesta Silvera talks USF Offer

Eric-Rutter-150x150.jpg

By Eric Rutter
Posted on January 21, 2016

The state of Florida is home to some of the top high school football teams in the nation and American Heritage is one of the state’s top programs on a yearly basis. This past season, American Heritage sophomore Nesta Silvera had a breakthrough season on both sides of the ball. Naturally a defensive tackle, Silvera took to the position change quickly and was an asset to the Patriots all season long.

Standing at 6-foot-2 and 290-pounds, Silvera is already an imposing force based on physical stature alone. Playing offensive guard, he showed the ability to consistently reach the second level, deliver timely kick out blocks and help form wide alleys for his team’s running backs.

Some traits carry over to both sides of the ball, however, such as Silvera’s strength at the point of attack and overall drive.

When used on defense, he often requires double teams in both passing and rushing situations. Silvera shows good gap discipline, strong hands and the ability to shed blockers at the line of scrimmage. Based on his senior highlight tape, which can be viewed by clicking here, Silvera could project to both sides of the ball and should continue to develop in the subsequent years.

With some quality game tape recorded, Silvera is increasing his status as a recruit in the 2018 class. Today’s U caught up with him to discuss his most recent offer — from USF — his technical approach as a lineman and the outlook for his team moving forward.

“It’s been going well,” Silvera said of his recruitment. “I have two offers now from FAU and USF. I’m a sophomore, so I’ve got time. Hopefully when spring rolls by it will pick up a little more.”

On Tuesday, Silvera received good news from his head coach in the form of a scholarship offer. Since he’s already receiving Division-I interest as a sophomore, he is choosing to take a calm, collected approach to the recruiting process.

“My head coach had told me and I saw it on Twitter as well,” Silvera said. “I’m excited for any offer I get. Getting offered from any school is a blessing.”

At this point, Silvera has not yet visited USF’s campus, but he is familiar with the Bulls’ program as a Sunshine state resident.

“I have heard of it,” he explained. “I’ve seen some of the coaches in the past from school and whatnot, but I’ve never really talked to them or anything.”

With an offer in hand, Silvera is planning on taking a visit to USF “sooner rather than later.” When this does occur, the standout sophomore says he will be paying close attention to the facilities, the classrooms and the cafeteria, to be specific.

During his past season at American Heritage, Silvera says that his team had a successful year and came out better players and teammates as a result of their trials and tribulations.

“I think as a team, we most definitely grew,” he said. “We have a tighter bond. For me, I definitely got better. I played a lot of offensive line this year and started on that side of the ball. It helped me become a better overall player on both sides of the ball.”

As for next season, Silvera expects “no less than a state championship.” With that lofty expectation in the open, he’s already hard at work improving his game before his junior campaign takes place.

“I definitely work on using my hands more by being an offensive lineman to help me on defense too,” Silvera said. “It helps me know how to beat an offensive lineman because I’ve been one.”

During the offseason, Silvera also wrestles for American Heritage in addition to his football training.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom