Class of 2016 - DT's 2016 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DT's 2016

VaSaltine

Starter
I was just checking the recruit database and checked out the DT's we have offers out to. With 12 commits for 2016 and let's say that Moe Neal and Jamal Holloway both commit, that leaves only four spots for the 2016 class. I have to imagine that a couple of those spots are for DT's. Looking over the list I don't know where those will go to based on forum chatter. Colon is one but seems like a long shot. I love the incoming class but Raymon will be gone after next year which leaves us very thin. I assume we have to be going after a couple for 2016. Maybe someone knows something I don't but I don't see anything very promising. Below are the offers we have out there:

Christian Colon Independence HS Charlotte NC DT 6-4 290 3 2016 Verbal PSU Y UNC(O), PSU(O), Syracuse Unversity(O)
Ulises De Los Santos Union City HS Union City NJ DT 6-3 270 3 2016 Undecided Y
Bryce Folsom Chattahoochee HS Alpharetta GA DT 6-4 260 2016 Verbal NC STate Y Corenll(O), NC State(O), Syracuse Unversity(O)
Rashan Gary Scotch Plains Fanwood HS Scotch Plains NJ DT 6-4 280 5 2016 Undecided Y Bama(O), PSU(O), FSU(O), Syracuse(O)
Josh Keeler Bishop Moore HS Orlando FL DT 6-3 295 2016 Verbal to Yale Y Air Force(O), Vandy(O), Syracuse(O)
Tashawn Manning Wekiva HS Apopka FL DT 6-4 260 2016 Verbal to Auburn Y NC State(O), Purdue(O), Syracuse Unversity(O)
Mike Panasiuk Lake Park HS Roselle IL DT 6-4 275 2016 Verbal Michigan State Y
Bo Peek Berkeley Prep Tampa FL DT 6-2 295 2016 Verbal Stanford Y Syracuse(O)
Bravvion Roy Spring HS Spring TX DT 6-2 300 2016 Verbal to Baylor Y Syracuse(O)
Aaron Seigle Susquehanna HS Harrisburg PA DT 6-2 230 2016 Undecided Y Buffalo(O), Syracuse(O)
Aaron Thompson Dillard Fort Lauderdale FL DT 6-4 252 Verbal Texas A&M

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just checking the recruit database and checked out the DT's we have offers out to. With 12 commits for 2016 and let's say that Moe Neal and Jamal Holloway both commit, that leaves only four spots for the 2016 class. I have to imagine that a couple of those spots are for DT's. Looking over the list I don't know where those will go to based on forum chatter. Colon is one but seems like a long shot. I love the incoming class but Raymon will be gone after next year which leaves us very thin. I assume we have to be going after a couple for 2016. Maybe someone knows something I don't but I don't see anything very promising. Below are the offers we have out there:

Christian Colon Independence HS Charlotte NC DT 6-4 290 3 2016 Verbal PSU Y UNC(O), PSU(O), Syracuse Unversity(O)
Bryce Folsom Chattahoochee HS Alpharetta GA DT 6-4 260 2016 Undecided Y Corenll(O), NC State(O), Syracuse Unversity(O)
Rashan Gary Scotch Plains Fanwood HS Scotch Plains NJ DT 6-4 280 5 2016 Undecided Y Bama(O), PSU(O), FSU(O), Syracuse(O)
Josh Keeler Bishop Moore HS Orlando FL DT 6-3 295 2016 Undecided Y Air Force(O), Vandy(O), Syracuse(O)
Tashawn Manning Wekiva HS Apopka FL DT 6-4 260 2016 Undecided Y NC State(O), Purdue(O), Syracuse Unversity(O)
Bravvion Roy Spring HS Spring TX DT 6-2 300 2016 Undecided Y Syracuse(O)
Aaron Seigle Susquehanna HS Harrisburg PA DT 6-2 230 2016 Undecided Y Buffalo(O), Syracuse(O)
Aaron Thompson Dillard Fort Lauderdale FL DT 6-4 252

Unless we can some how flip Peek I don't see us getting anyone on that list. I'd like to see us take 3 DT's (can never have enough beef), but I wouldn't rush it. We have been able to make some real nice finds late in the game, especially someone like Clark. Just be patient and find a stub, preferably someone who is already close to college DT size.

Bryce Folsom Chattahoochee HS Alpharetta GA DT 6-4 260 2016 Verbal NC STate Y Corenll(O), NC State(O), Syracuse Unversity(O)
Josh Keeler Bishop Moore HS Orlando FL DT 6-3 295 2016 Verbal to Yale Y Air Force(O), Vandy(O), Syracuse(O)
Tashawn Manning Wekiva HS Apopka FL DT 6-4 260 2016 Verbal to Auburn Y NC State(O), Purdue(O), Syracuse Unversity(O)
Bravvion Roy Spring HS Spring TX DT 6-2 300 2016 Verbal to Baylor Y Syracuse(O)
Aaron Thompson Dillard Fort Lauderdale FL DT 6-4 252 Verbal Texas A&M

You made me work. I have updated your list and the database for DTs. There are only three on the list that haven't committed elsewhere Santos, Gary, and Seigle.

Unless we can some how flip Peek I don't see us getting anyone on that list. I'd like to see us take 3 DT's (can never have enough beef), but I wouldn't rush it. We have been able to make some real nice finds late in the game, especially someone like Clark. Just be patient and find a stub, preferably someone who is already close to college DT size.

I imagine that the staff is turning over every stone [Milford, etc] in search of the next Clark. Need to add at least two this year. The depth situation might also force us to bite the bullet and scour the JUCO ranks in search of some immediate, short term depth inside.

I wouldn't really sweat it at this point but it's definitely something that needs to be addressed. I'm also wondering, with the attrition of upperclassmen if the staff will be hitting the JUCO route if an opportunity presents itself to add a potential difference maker, i.e. like with Dunkleberger last year.

I imagine that the staff is turning over every stone [Milford, etc] in search of the next Clark. Need to add at least two this year. The depth situation might also force us to bite the bullet and scour the JUCO ranks in search of some immediate, short term depth inside.

Ha I had this post loaded before you posted but it took me 10 mins to post it. Yep right there with you.

I think we should just grab Gary.
5e5f55557370c485b086b367ae2d6ea2.gif

Agree 100%

JUCO is looking like a pretty good option but hidden diamonds may yet be found. We were pushing at NCC pretty hard for a bit and I don't think anything came out of it. What about ASA where we got Wayne Williams from?