@Duke and @UVA likely moving to ESPN from the Duece | Syracusefan.com

@Duke and @UVA likely moving to ESPN from the Duece

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Both were originally scheduled for ESPN2. Looks like they are going to get switched to the Main Channel.

This according to MattSarzSports.com

I have to imagine...Duke/Cuse will not be on ESPN2 for a long time...kinda ridiculous to place it there in the first place.

Why was Duke/SU ever scheduled for ESPN2? Ridiculous.

UCLA/Stanford was the original call? Really?

The UVA game might be worse...the original ESPN slot was:
Bradley at Drake
Evansville at Loyola (Chicago)
Northern Iowa at Indiana St.
OR Missouri St. at Wichita St.

Here are the gameday sites for that night

Arizona at Colorado OR UCLA at Stanford

Yeesh.

I know it's kind of a prestige thing to be on ESPN rather than ESPN2, but what is the honest difference between the two? From what I could find, both ESPN and ESPN2 are in virtually the exact same number of households in the US, so does it really matter which channel it is on?

ESPN v ESPN2......does it matter? Does it come with a change in announcing crew?

I'd prefer we are on whichever network has an hour long sportscenter immediately before the start of our game so there is no danger of the game before ours going into overtime and causing us to miss parts of our game.

I know it's kind of a prestige thing to be on ESPN rather than ESPN2, but what is the honest difference between the two? From what I could find, both ESPN and ESPN2 are in virtually the exact same number of households in the US, so does it really matter which channel it is on?
Yes...total viewers are usually higher for ESPN.

The only exception would be if they kept SU@Duke on ESPN2...it would have bested UCLA/Stanford
ESPN will get better results moving the Big Boy game to the Big Boy channel.

The ESPN schedule already has Syracuse @ Duke on ESPN at 6pm followed by Arizona @ Colorado at 9pm. We know Shulman/Vitale are calling the Duke-Syracuse game over the game where College Gameday will be in Colorado for Zona-Colorado.

The UVA game might be worse...the original ESPN slot was:
Bradley at Drake
Evansville at Loyola (Chicago)
Northern Iowa at Indiana St.
OR Missouri St. at Wichita St.

I am guessing that is the bracket buster weekend.

The ESPN schedule already has Syracuse @ Duke on ESPN at 6pm followed by Arizona @ Colorado at 9pm. We know Shulman/Vitale are calling the Duke-Syracuse game over the game where College Gameday will be in Colorado for Zona-Colorado.

does that mean the game will actually be at 630 a la the duke/cuse main event?

does that mean the game will actually be at 630 a la the duke/cuse main event?
SU-Duke will tip off at 6pm or 6:05 or something to give them protection from the previous game. Gameday will follow the SU-Duke game from Colorado from 8-9pm and the Arizona-Colorado game will tip at 9.

SU-Duke will tip off at 6pm or 6:05 or something to give them protection from the previous game. Gameday will follow the SU-Duke game from Colorado from 8-9pm and the Arizona-Colorado game will tip at 9.

ah... didnt realize that the gameday start time changed.

That seems odd to me - but makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom