Duke board full of whining babies: | Syracusefan.com

Duke board full of whining babies:

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Complaining about the refs. For every "missed call" in our favor, I can go through and find one that went against us. Hope we can bitch slap them down there. The key will be to turn Parker into a passer with the double team, but if their guards penetrate, don't follow them, go to the shooters. I think both teams played as well as they can play. Great game.

You know what? I don't even care. I leave this game with nothing for respect for Duke. They fought like beasts the whole game and there was none of the chippy BS you get from Pitt or Georgetown. Yeah it was physical, but I hold no ill will toward them. It's the difference of them being a worthy opponent, both now and historically. Pitt is not that and it is one of the reasons I can't stand playing those turds. This was Ali v. Frasier.

Dude, our 2 best players fouled out on 2 flops, and Hood's dunk at the end would've been called a foul in 99.99999% of games.

I've liked this board, but you gotta understand how those of us in Duke-land are reeeeaaaalllly pissed about the reffing in that game.

You know what? I don't even care. I leave this game with nothing for respect for Duke. They fought like beasts the whole game and there was none of the chippy BS you get from Pitt or Georgetown. Yeah it was physical, but I hold no ill will toward them. It's the difference of them being a worthy opponent, both now and historically. Pitt is not that and it is one of the reasons I can't stand playing those turds. This was Ali v. Frasier.

Very well said. It's refreshing for once...

Complaining about the refs. For every "missed call" in our favor, I can go through and find one that went against us. Hope we can bitch slap them down there. The key will be to turn Parker into a passer with the double team, but if their guards penetrate, don't follow them, go to the shooters. I think both teams played as well as they can play. Great game.

I thought the officiating was off - I thought there was a point where they were getting a bunch of crap calls. Then I thought we got a few.

Jefferson picked up his 4th fouls multiple times before they called him for it - and the 4th was finally called on a play where I didn't think he fouled.

Parker got a three point play where he pretty clearly threw an elbow into Keita - that was his fourth foul - should have come much earlier.

He also got a three point play where the ball never left Jerami Grant's hands...one of the oddest shooting fouls ever.

Eh, sort of odd officiating imo, but both teams played well. So, it! We won!!!

Dude, our 2 best players fouled out on 2 flops, and Hood's dunk at the end would've been called a foul in 99.99999% of games.

I've liked this board, but you gotta understand how those of us in Duke-land are reeeeaaaalllly pissed about the reffing in that game.

Yeah, cause you're a Duke fan and Hood plays for Duke. It doesn't happen like that for us fans of other teams.

Death, taxes, and complaining about officiating in basketball. Great game. You guys have nothing to hold your heads over. I have nothing but respect for Duke after that game.

Duke fan here. The refs were slightly on the Syracuse side which is to be expected in front of a huge Syracuse crowd. When the game is played at Cameron Duke will have a edge from the refs and will get more calls. That is the nature of the game. It was a great game all around and the refereeing wasn't terrible. Great game.

Please don't misinterpret this post for whining, all I am saying is that referees usually favor the home team. That plus the crowd advantage makes it very difficult to win on the road in college and those wins should be valued very highly. Duke will have a referee edge in Cameron. No offense to you guys but win or lose I am sure there will be posts and threads about the officials after the game at Duke. It is what it is.

BS

Great post - definitely much more fun watching this than the clutch and grab nonsense that Pitt, etc...employ

Whatever. Personally I think the game was decently officiated, but I'm not surprised a fanbase that is used to having the refs treat their team like their players poop doesn't stink would see it differently.

The best quote from their board was complaint how the players aren't used to playing in a airplane hangar!
Better get used to it or just keep losing. No different than playing a final 4 in my view

Am I gonna have to make one of these for Duke?

crycon2.jpg

Duke pissed about supposed bad officiating, now that's funny

Can't say I'm surprised. It takes a different breed to actually like Duke.

:You must have loved the fact that the foul on CJ was only a personal and not a flagrant one. How do you review that call an not make it after seeing he was pushed from behind with two hands.

Well, CJ was pummeled in the first half, no call. Every catch was a hand in the back. Grant got ball before the foul. Our STRATEGY was to go to the basket to get fouls. If you think an elbow to the chest to clear space and grabbing an arm in the open court to impede a player are bad fouls calls, you are simply wrong. You guys are just so used to getting every call, you can't believe when the right calls are made against you. BTW, should have been 2 and the ball on the foul on CJ.

i wanna tee this up 1000 times

Duke has nothing to complain about regarding flopping.:bat:

Seems like the losing team (and us even when we win) complains about the refs.

I think they're often bad, but it equals out in most games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom