Duke fans bitching about officiating | Syracusefan.com

Duke fans bitching about officiating

This board would be in officiating meltdown right now if the outcome was different. I'm still ecstatic that SU got the W. Enjoy it and who cares what anyone says.

image.jpg

I think the score will be evened out soon enough. We got helped. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh..

I think the score will be evened out soon enough. We got helped. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh..
Not me...they had one bad call against them all night. We had more against us. Theirs just happened at the end.

Dickie V., the worlds biggest Duke fan, said the officiating was excellent.
I think that settles it.

You do realize that he says that at the end of every game, right?

Their board is really ridiculous about it - talking about refs being paid off is just small time. To hear the school that patented the flop complain about Xmas is laughable.

Call me naive, but I expected them to be above that.
I can almost excuse most behaviour from the losing party in a game like this.
I was thinking that when Dawkins hit that 3 that put htem ahead, how was I going to survive a loss.
They are in the 5 stages of grief. It will run its course.

For all of the calls Duke gets game in and game out, the officials should be able to do no wrong in their eyes.

Duke ALWAYS bitches about the officiating. When the batteries in Ks remote goes dead and he can't control the refs, it gets chaotic. If Duke loses, they blame it on the refs. If Duke wins, it's because they're the best in the world. Doesn't matter who they play.

OrangeSky said:
Dickie V., the worlds biggest Duke fan, said the officiating was excellent. I think that settles it.

I was amazed at all the props he gave Syracuse. He actually respected that we were 20-0 and Duke had 4 losses (now five). It was an epic battle and I expect no less in Cameron.

Well I'm sure well be bitching about the refs and we play down there. You know darn well the refs will kill us in the return game.

Duke ALWAYS bitches about the officiating. When the batteries in Ks remote goes dead and he can't control the refs, it gets chaotic. If Duke loses, they blame it on the refs. If Duke wins, it's because they're the best in the world. Doesn't matter who they play.
Epic Death Stare for the Ref after Parker's 5th.

Well I'm sure well be bitching about the refs and we play down there. You know darn well the refs will kill us in the return game.
Seriously, I have never been more sure of anything.
Duke got hosed a bit. Only a bit, because they never got called for several 3 sec plays.

To be fair, we always bitch about the refs.

And for good reason.

Do we go to other team's boards to complain? I hope we're not that douchy.

Officiating sucked for both sides IMO, you would have thought the ACC refs would have given Duke the edge.
Agreed - Ennis was getting severely hand-checked with two hands the entire game - not one call - so much for the new rules. Also when Parker put his elbow into Christmas for his 5th foul that was at least the third time he had done the same thing. Duke got some bad ones as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom