Duke friends say Duke will STILL be #1 | Syracusefan.com

Duke friends say Duke will STILL be #1

Wouldn't be surprised. Bad loss and a great win the same week. 2 and 3 lost.

Because the loss to Syracuse won’t count.

<I’ll just step back a little here.>

I think Tenneesee will be No. 1. Either Duke or Michigan State will be No. 2. The other will be No. 3. Virginia should stay No. 4 since they lost a close game on the road. Michigan will fall to No. 5.

I wouldn’t have much of an issue with Duke at 1, but it should go to Tennessee.
Well, this evening I have been thinking . . . Never a good sign . . .and the more I think, the more this casual remark by a very good Duke friend, a remark made just minutes after a thrilling victory . . . This remark has stuck in my craw. My team was slightly dissed by ONE Duke fan, but as I’ve been stewing I am now feathering the entire Duke fan base and the team with the same damn chicken! Oh yes. THEY think that we are so insignificant, do they? It doesn’t COUNT that we beat them because they were without Tre. Well, then, why does their victory count without him? HUH????

Pay no attention to logic here. It’s not about logic. It’s about disrespect! And I want to tell you right now that when those Dukies stroll into the Dome on Feb. 23 with their high and mighty Tre’s and Reddishesheshes and their manicured nails, here is what I want: R E V E N G E!!! I want revenge on those Dukies because they had the temerity to LOSE to us! As God is my witness, by the time we are done tarheeling and feathering and orange juicing those muthas, they will beg for mercy. And so it shall be granted, We will give them that “justified, pure” win they are owed by us, and then snatch it out of their slavering pearly white jaws!

R E V E N G E !

And now I shall bid you: GOOD NIGHT, SIR!

Well, this evening I have been thinking . . . Never a good sign . . .and the more I think, the more this casual remark by a very good Duke friend, a remark made just minutes after a thrilling victory . . . This remark has stuck in my craw. My team was slightly dissed by ONE Duke fan, but as I’ve been stewing I am now feathering the entire Duke fan base and the team with the same damn chicken! Oh yes. THEY think that we are so insignificant, do they? It doesn’t COUNT that we beat them because they were without Tre. Well, then, why does their victory count without him? HUH????

Pay no attention to logic here. It’s not about logic. It’s about disrespect! And I want to tell you right now that when those Dukies stroll into the Dome on Feb. 23 with their high and mighty Tre’s and Reddishesheshes and their manicured nails, here is what I want: R E V E N G E!!! I want revenge on those Dukies because they had the temerity to LOSE to us! As God is my witness, by the time we are done tarheeling and feathering and orange juicing those muthas, they will beg for mercy. And so it shall be granted, We will give them that “justified, pure” win they are owed by us, and then snatch it out of their slavering pearly white jaws!

R E V E N G E !

giphy.gif

Duke fans after Cuse: “I don’t care about the Cuse loss. I care about Jones’ health. We would’ve won by a lot of he played. We need him back.”

Duke fans after Virginia: “What a win! Without Jones!!”

Guess our win was pretty legit then, if you clowns can beat Virginia without him? And don’t say a word about that other ball hoggy turnover machine freshman.

R E V E N G E !

Yikes. I feel very differently about the implications of Duke possibly staying at #1. I think it means we were a quality opponent. Think about it, if they lost to a garbage team there is no way they could retain the number 1 ranking no matter what they did today. Instead, they lost to a good team while down a couple guys, then beat the “other number 1 team.” There is no argument for the top ranking if we are nobodies.

R E V E N G E !

Wow. This is some serious anger! I like it. Especially while so articulate!

It's basketball. It doesn't matter.

I'm more interested in if we crack the Top 25 again with our two really good wins.

I think the best we can hope for is "receiving votes". Ugh, those losses to Old Dominion and Georgia Tech hurt us. But it is what it is.

Cheers,
Neil

Because the loss to Syracuse won’t count.

<I’ll just step back a little here.>

When he told you that, did he end it with a moan and open hand jive shimmy??

If so, I hope you punched him in the throat.

R E V E N G E !

C'mon beadle, "Life happened to his guys" that night didn't you know?

Wow. This is some serious anger! I like it. Especially while so articulate!
Well, :rolleyes:, you I do love hyperbole but the original thought, h
C'mon beadle, "Life happened to his guys" that night didn't you know?
Of course! I stated that. He said it in an ecstasy of post game victory. It was not meant personally or as a dis. Yet, I took it that way and decided to post my clearly over the moon emotional response. You must know that since we were at Duke for 12 years, I actually don’t hate them. I can support them (not against us, of course!). I don’t think the teams or their fans are evil. But they are an entitled group, and the comment irritated me.

You know I’m a trouble maker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom