Duke GameDay | Syracusefan.com

Duke GameDay

Wow. It goes to show the respect Syracuse garners. That game is not really of any particular importance in terms of conference race, NCAA tournament, etc. They never changed gameday schedules to put us on vs Yukon or Geetown even when those things may have been true. But now they have two national programs to sell. It is amazing to see it!

Sweet, ESPN called an audible. Never hurts to have the media on your side, provided said media is not named Mark Schwartz.
It's not us. It's Duke. They fully expect Duke to beat us. It's good for TV.

It's not ESPN being a fan of either team or a specific conference, it's them recognizing how good the rating were when people watched our last meeting and knowing there's a big lead up to this game because of that. Easy call for them but awesome to hear that it is happening, no doubt that the atmosphere is going to be incredible there

It's not ESPN being a fan of either team or a specific conference, it's them recognizing how good the rating were when people watched our last meeting and knowing there's a big lead up to this game because of that. Easy call for them but awesome to hear that it is happening, no doubt that the atmosphere is going to be incredible there
And there will be all of 75 SU fans there! Will be interesting to say the least.

And there will be all of 75 SU fans there! Will be interesting to say the least.

Seriously, I think the game will be "the most" away game I've ever seen us play. Would be awesome if we stunned them in the first 5 mins and got to watch their dreaded silence for the last 35

Reactions: cto
I'm trying to imagine what we could do in 5 minutes that would cow the place for the rest of the night. The mind boggles.

So ESPN finally realized what an audience draw an SU game is.

Of course, there are always some coming just to see a crash.

You want to really see a rivalry born, see how the Dukie faithful act if we go into their beloved Cameron and take care of business! An SU win 1st time in Durham will ignite this rivalry for the next 10 years.

I got tickets to the @Duke game. So make it 79. I can't believe ESPN is going to fly its crew from Boulder,CO to Durham, NC from 10 AM Colorado time(12pm Eastern) to Durham for a 7pm game. They should start the Arizona @ Colorado game at 6pm Eastern and move Syracuse @ Duke to 9pm.

FYI, I was told by Sue Edson at the football recruiting briefing that ESPN loved the game day experience at Syracuse. They have already decided to come back to SU for another game day next season.

So we will have another "break the attendance record game" next year? If so, I'm there.

Next year I would bet Louisville or North Carolina @ Syracuse for College Gameday. It can't be Duke again and I would figure Louisville since we have a decent rivalry with them from the Big East or North Carolina the other blue blood from the ACC.

If I was ESPN I would have Duke@Louisville be one of the ACC Gamedays and North Carolina@Syracuse as well. Have Syracuse-North Carolina home/home next year so we play them at the Dean Dome as well for this year's game up here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom