Markell Johnson, NC State, 1

Preseason ACC Freshman of the Year
Cole Anthony, North Carolina, 89
Vernon Carey Jr., Duke, 8
Wendell Moore Jr., Duke, 5
Casey Morsell, Virginia, 3
Cassius Stanley, Duke, 3
Matthew Hurt, Duke, 3
Having the preseason player of the year a Buffalo native and not on Syracuse is just not good.

Having the preseason player of the year a Buffalo native and not on Syracuse is just not good.

We took Oshae instead.
And Marek.

Can't take 'em all.
See: Fredette, Jimmer

paul harris ring a bell ? how did that work out.

I feel like I just don't know who anyone is in college basketball anymore. Like 15-20 years ago I could easily name entire starting lineups of other teams, now I'm just like who are these people?

I feel like I just don't know who anyone is in college basketball anymore. Like 15-20 years ago I could easily name entire starting lineups of other teams, now I'm just like who are these people?
if they got rid of the one and done rule more players would stay more then 1-2 years and we could actually have 3-4 year players

of course K LOVES IT. it's not a level playing field and he knows he's getting the best talent very single year.
why would he want to change anything ? he's guaranteed a title shot every year. rat face is in his glory.

pre season acc POY . left the cuse after 3 seasons undrafted. loved PH. but did not live up to the hype.
i'd suppose the bigger issue is that unlike the BE where we regularly placed 1st team players we ain't drawing the talent to even crack 3rd team. we have players jumping early who don't even get drafted. problem ?????

pre season acc POY . left the cuse after 3 seasons undrafted. loved PH. but did not live up to the hype.
i'd suppose the bigger issue is that unlike the BE where we regularly placed 1st team players we ain't drawing the talent to even crack 3rd team. we have players jumping early who don't even get drafted. problem ?????
i'll want to see what the actual all league teams look like in march before i worry.

and i expect we'll see some orange names on those lists at that time

I'm the same way. I can still name the starting lineups from other teams in the 80s, 90s and 2000s, but I can't tell you more than one player on an ACC team (other than Syracuse) in recent years. And it is because of the constant turnover of the top players.

It's really disappointing to me. I want to like college basketball more, but I've gravitated to the NBA more in recent years just because I am familiar with the players.

paul harris ring a bell ? how did that work out.
Not sure what you are trying to say.
Do you think Paul Harris was also an ACC preseason player of the year?

If you thinking that because Paul Harris was from Buffalo, Syracuse should not recruit anyone from there, I don't think your brain is working correctly.
Harris might have been a disappointment to some but he was a good player for us. As was Jonny Flynn. As was Damone Brown. As was Bug Williams. And many others over the years.

If you thinking that because Paul Harris was from Buffalo, Syracuse should not recruit anyone from there, I don't think your brain is working correctly.
Harris might have been a disappointment to some but he was a good player for us. As was Jonny Flynn. As was Damone Brown. As was Bug Williams. And many others over the years.

And even more...Harris isn’t even from Buffalo, he’s from Niagara Falls.

Quite possibly the most off the mark post ever, tbone!

paul harris in fact was BE preseason rookie of the year. lotta hype. i myself was never disappointed with his play. six five guy leads us in rebounding every year. that's major fight. he took a lot of heat here and ends up leaving early. do i say ignore buffalo ? never. i love it when we sign local talent like john wallace and dajuian coleman. i hope JG3 is a a success. and i hope he gets more slack here than paul harris ever did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom