Duke/Uva | Syracusefan.com

Duke/Uva

Briancuse

Living Legend
A Big Ten game has broken out, 48-44 at the under 4 timeout, Uva really has issues scoring.

Not sure if this is the best result for us ncaa wise but Uva is at Carolina next. Likely loss for them which ties us in the standings before we even take the floor Sunday at Tech

As I noted at the beginning of the year - uva just doesn't have the personnel this year to be a legit team on offense - they're actually in a bit of "trouble" as they still have to play N.carolina twice and already have 5 acc losses

The UVA results are very worrisome. We are hanging our hat on them as a "great win." If they keep losing it doesn't look so good, especially since we beat them at the Dome. If they end up with 7-8 ACC losses, the win loses a lot of its zest.

The UVA results are very worrisome. We are hanging our hat on them as a "great win." If they keep losing it doesn't look so good, especially since we beat them at the Dome. If they end up with 7-8 ACC losses, the win loses a lot of its zest.

But when we beat Duke it will look even better

But when we beat Duke it will look even better
Beating Duke would put us in a great position. They are a bad match up for our team on Defense, considering their plethora of shooters and how badly we defend the 3. It will be a tall task as they are peaking at the right moment. I am hopeful though that the team pulls through.

If you have the number 1 pick in the upcoming draft, I don't know how you pass on Tatum. The kid's an absolute stud and very likely an all-star at the next level. Best freshman I've seen this year by far and that includes Lonzo Bell. Admittedly, I haven't seen Fultz very much.

If you have the number 1 pick in the upcoming draft, I don't know how you pass on Tatum. The kid's an absolute stud and very likely an all-star at the next level. Best freshman I've seen this year by far and that includes Lonzo Bell. Admittedly, I haven't seen Fultz very much.

You need to watch Lauri Markkanen. He's better than everyone IMO.

I think there may be some pause because of how Brandon Ingram is playing this year and he looked better than Tatum last year plus it's a point guards leage these days.

He's awesome. A couple of times in recent games he has blowed by some people like 15 feet from the basket with some nice drives. Impressed with how much of an all-around offensive game he has.

Fraschilla was on Sirius last week and talked about Ball and Fultz. Says Fultz, if he had a more killer instinct and unselfish mentality, could average 40 if he wanted to. He's that good, thinks he is deserving of the Number 1 pick, and a future All-Star. I haven't seen him either actually. Washington is the one Pac 12 game I haven't seen yet. Fran's NBA Draft work is top notch. Fultz is averaging 23/6/6. That's pretty sick. He said if he was building an ideal college team then Ball would be his PG.

Last edited:

I think there may be some pause because of how Brandon Ingram is playing this year and he looked better than Tatum last year plus it's a point guards leage these days.

Impressive you brought up Markkanen. I was talking him up a few weeks ago here because I watch the Pac-12 games being a Trojan. He's very good. Finesse guy who loves to shoot from deep and makes them. More like a softer Porzingis and Markkanen doesn't block ANY shots unlike Lammers. But, he is a potent offensive finesse guy. Lammers is still a better overall player IMO but Markkanen's game oozes some real NBA success.

Duke's season got saved when the big kid came back and knocked the rust off. His size adds another dimension to their team that they needed. I do not see us beating them. I think they are going to be a tough out thru the dance too.

I'll have to check out Markkanen. I know he's highly regarded, but I've only watched Zona for a few minutes.

Personally, I thought Ingram was way over hyped. I think Tatum's more skilled and a much better athlete.

NBA is becoming a guard/shooter league. It would be really tough for me to pass on Fultz as well. I'd also put Ball and Smith Jr. right behind him.

I'll have to check out Markkanen. I know he's highly regarded, but I've only watched Zona for a few minutes.

Personally, I thought Ingram was way over hyped. I think Tatum's more skilled and a much better athlete.

Not to mention more physical.

Impressive you brought up Markkanen. I was talking him up a few weeks ago here because I watch the Pac-12 games being a Trojan. He's very good. Finesse guy who loves to shoot from deep and makes them. More like a softer Porzingis and Markkanen doesn't block ANY shots unlike Lammers. But, he is a potent offensive finesse guy. Lammers is still a better overall player IMO but Markkanen's game oozes some real NBA success.

FWIW Jason McIntyre came out with him as the 1st pick in his Mock Draft. Markkanen reminds me an awful lot of Dirk. Might be the best shooter in CBB as well.

FWIW Jason McIntyre came out with him as the 1st pick in his Mock Draft. Markkanen reminds me an awful lot of Dirk. Might be the best shooter in CBB as well.

Wow. For sure a Dirk-type. I have no doubt that he will have a successful NBA career. Arizona is going to be a tough out in the tourney.

He's awesome. A couple of times in recent games he has blowed by some people like 15 feet from the basket with some nice drives. Impressed with how much of an all-around offensive game he has.

Fraschilla was on Sirius last week and talked about Ball and Fultz. Says Fultz, if he had a more killer instinct and unselfish mentality, could average 40 if he wanted to. He's that good, thinks he is deserving of the Number 1 pick, and a future All-Star. I haven't seen him either actually. Washington is the one Pac 12 game I haven't seen yet. Fran's NBA Draft work is top notch. Fultz is averaging 23/6/6. That's pretty sick. He said if he was building an ideal college team then Ball would be his PG.
Agree re Fran. I love when he's the analyst for our games. Really knows his stuff.

Those numbers for Fultz are really impressive. Especially considering how strong the Pac-12 is this year. With him and Markkanen, it looks like I have some late night bball viewing to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom