Duke vs UNC | Syracusefan.com

Duke vs UNC

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Carolina up 4-1 end of 1. Duke looks out of sorts and UNC playing well for a change. Quint took a shot at SU saying Bomberry got away with coming out of the box early in OT last week against Duke. He isnt handling SUs success very well.

6-1 Carolina, Duke looks awful. There offense outside of the attack leaves a lot to be desired

Carolina field is terrible, guys slipping and sliding like there playing on an ice rink

Quint just said he's going to have PSU or SU #1 tomorrow. And he said everytime he's watched SU they have gotten better.

7-6, Duke capitalizing on UNC playing very sloppy with turnovers and Rowe racking up 7 straight faceoff wins

Ohio St and Penn St are both not impressing me tonight.

7-7, Duke wearing down unc's defense. Offensively UNC has no qb attackmen, to much one on one.

Anyone impressed with PSU's attack? That's all they've been talking about?

Carolina up 4-1 end of 1. Duke looks out of sorts and UNC playing well for a change. Quint took a shot at SU saying Bomberry got away with coming out of the box early in OT last week against Duke. He isnt handling SUs success very well.

Is what he said even true or is it something he happened on while watching replay. I don't recall it being controversial or noticeable at the time. Was it egregious or like a toe on the line kind of thing. What a dck.

Is what he said even true or is it something he happened on while watching replay. I don't recall it being controversial or noticeable at the time. Was it egregious or like a toe on the line kind of thing. What a dck.

I think he was wrong, rowe had possession and then simply dropped the ball, once he had possession i believe hes free to release but perhaps woody or creator's game or Whitesboro can add some more details on the official rules

8-7 Duke. Balkam made a handful of great saves but Carolinas o has gone quiet and Rowe dominant at the x like he was last week against Ben

12-8, UNC Offense totally mia for 2+ quarters and there D is exhausted. Rowe has won like the last 10 faceoffs

Carolina is in real danger of missing the tourney.

There cooked, there schedule down the stretch is probably the toughest in div 1, still have Virginia ND and Syracuse to play.

I think he was wrong, rowe had possession and then simply dropped the ball, once he had possession i believe hes free to release but perhaps woody or creator's game or Whitesboro can add some more details on the official rules

The refs would have to call possession and to me he definitely had possession. I don't recall watching the attack as I was focused on the ball.

From Section 5 of the rule book:

When the whistle sounds to start play, the players in the wing areas shall be released. All other players are confined to their areas until a player of either team has gained possession of the ball, the ball goes out of bounds, the ball crosses the defensive-area line, a whistle stops play for a time-serving penalty, or a whistle restarts play after a non-time-serving foul; when any of these events occurs, the faceoff has ended.

He had possession... then lost it. Think Quint has lost it, too.

Duke's gonna be a real tough matchup in May if Rowe keeps playing like this. That being said i dont know if tbey hsve the offensive depth and firepower if there not winning a majority of the draws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom