Duke Week Articles and Videos | Syracusefan.com

Duke Week Articles and Videos

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse at Duke
Saturday, April 29, 2023 | 12:00 p.m.

TV: ESPNU

You can also listen to the game on TK99 (99.5 FM) in Syracuse, or WAER (88.3 FM)

Fue1hm0WYAI8mrH

So Lacrosse reference gives SU a 0% chance with a win over Duke., Idk I can't see how they wouldn't make it with wins over top 5 Duke, top 20 Princeton and top 20 UNC. Then losses to Duke, Hopkins, Maryland, Virginia and Notre Dame. I mean all have been ranked in the top 5 at some point this season. Other teams on the bubble have not faced that level of competition. Idk hopefully they win and we find out.

The crazy part is how high Yale's RPI is despite having just 3 wins between 10 and 20 and now 1-5 or 6-10 wins. NOTE HOWEVER, LacrosseReference admits, he isn't on the committee and they do use RPI heavily, but "bad losses" also factor and Cuse has zero bad losses when compared to other teams ahead them.

So this win over Duke I think makes them EITHER, the FIRST TEAM OUT, or the LAST TEAM IN. I think the win more than likely makes them the first team out though based on some other teams resumes and rpi's.

If Cuse beats duke AND, everyone that is favored to win their conference tournament does in fact win it, at least those in the Ivy, Big Ten and Big East, I think they are the first team out.

If all of the above happens AND, (1) Denver loses in the Big East semis, OR to Marquette this weekend, AND (2) Yale loses to Harvard and misses out on the Ivy tournament (Yale may still get in, but it will drop some other teams RPI's slightly), AND, (3) Michigan loses to Ohio State tonight and AT WORST loses to Penn State in the B1G semi's, AND, (4) Princeton loses in the Ivy semis, AND, (5) North Carolina loses to Notre Dame, AND (6) Rutgers loses to Maryland tonight...

You get the picture. Cuse's RPI is 20 right now. It could jump up to 15 with a win over Duke, but they would need almost all of those other to play out as well in order to get in. Teams with RPI's of 14 or 15 get in every once in a while and teams with RPI's as high as like 17 to 19 or so have gotten in in the past (I think). But it's a long shot.

But then again I'm not on the panel that decides haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom