Dumb & Dumber Were At The FB Game Today | Syracusefan.com

Dumb & Dumber Were At The FB Game Today

Bill Orange

Per TNIAAM:

Both Mike Lang and Bobby Davis were sitting in front of me at the Cincy game today. For a pair of guys that have only talked a few times in the past 10 years, I thought it was quite strange to be together at the game. Also, I didn't understand why they would be there to support Syracuse if something from that place supposedly took so much away from their lives.

They both left at halftime and didn't come back. They were there with 4 other males.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2011/11/26/2588428/fine-accusers-at-cincy-game

... they have trashy strippers...

Is there another kind? I've never heard of anyone referring to a classy stripper...

Curious if Davis/Lang were rooting for Syracuse, or just there. If there were just sitting there it makes me think they were hoping someone started something with them so they could extend their 15 minutes of fame a little longer.

310474_130217547088153_100002997257374_142777_1334048556_n.jpg

if it went to the nunes site first, before here,then it's a lie

everyone in the community knows we break the stories here first
If Mark Schwarz didn't report this on OTL then it didn't happen

Per TNIAAM:

Both Mike Lang and Bobby Davis were sitting in front of me at the Cincy game today. For a pair of guys that have only talked a few times in the past 10 years, I thought it was quite strange to be together at the game. Also, I didn't understand why they would be there to support Syracuse if something from that place supposedly took so much away from their lives.

They both left at halftime and didn't come back. They were there with 4 other males.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2011/11/26/2588428/fine-accusers-at-cincy-game

I really dont have any problem with people challenging the accusers story, even calling them out as liars. And I certainly understand Boeheim's reaction given his decades of friendship with Bernie and his passionate belief in his innocence.

But I do not understand how the majority of the Board thinks JB is doomed if it turns out Fine his guilty bc he called accusers liars, yet no one seems to blink at posts like this calling the accusers dumb and dumber, or ass-clowns, etc.

I really dont have any problem with people challenging the accusers story, even calling them out as liars. And I certainly understand Boeheim's reaction given his decades of friendship with Bernie and his passionate belief in his innocence.

But I do not understand how the majority of the Board thinks JB is doomed if it turns out Fine his guilty bc he called accusers liars, yet no one seems to blink at posts like this calling the accusers dumb and dumber, or ass-clowns, etc.
I find it kind of strange that these two would publically attend an SU sporting event given the ongoing investigation. If it were me, I'd want to keep a very low profile.
With regard to JB's future if Bernie is arrested. I think its pretty simple, activists will be all over him for jumping to conclusions regarding the defendents and they will say "people don't like to come forward in these kind of cases because people like you call them liars." It will make it difficult for JB to avoid the types of questions and could result in more protests. It will change the environment in which he works and puts the university in a bad position of having to defend and support JB's remarks by keeping him as coach.

Additionally, it probably kills JB's immediate opportunity to join the broadcast booth upon retirement, given that they expect their employees not to make remarks that can be construed on insensitive.

Sorry but that is so weird!
The only thing more weird would be to see them sitting behind the Cuse bench on Tuesday night. No, actually the only thing more weird would be that it comes out that Bobby Davis is really Bernie Fine's son.

I find it kind of strange that these two would publically attend an SU sporting event given the ongoing investigation. If it were me, I'd want to keep a very low profile.
With regard to JB's future if Bernie is arrested. I think its pretty simple, activists will be all over him for jumping to conclusions regarding the defendents and they will say "people don't like to come forward in these kind of cases because people like you call them liars." It will make it difficult for JB to avoid the types of questions and could result in more protests. It will change the environment in which he works and puts the university in a bad position of having to defend and support JB's remarks by keeping him as coach.

Additionally, it probably kills JB's immediate opportunity to join the broadcast booth upon retirement, given that they expect their employees not to make remarks that can be construed on insensitive.
Seriously, wouldn't you stay inside? Or even go for a trip somewhere? Hide out? Visit a cousin in Florida where people won't recognize you? To go to the Carrier Dome 9 days after this story break is just mind-boggling to me.

I've always gotten the impression that JB has always marched to the beat of a different drum. Obviously he wants to leave on his own terms and hopefully things work out that he can, but I got to believe that he doesn't know every sordid detail of Bernie Fine's life. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Broadcast booth. That's probably the furthest thing from JB's mind.

If Lang & Davis were really at an SU game today, that is bizarre, agreed.

It would seem like Boeheim would/will be able to mitigate any such impact by a heartfelt (and genuine, as it would be) statement explaining that the remarks were fueled by a firm conviction that his longtime friend was not capable of this conduct, which was supported by his understanding that this had been investigated twice previously, but now that the investigation has shown [otherwise] his heart goes out to the victims, etc. etc. ; had I had any reason to believe Bernie was capable of this, trust me, etc. etc.

I am certainly no expert on academia & media pressures like this, so perhaps the protesters will carry the day and prove your prediction correct Jake. I live in a world where the reasons for terminations are closely analyzed and debated (and litigated) and I just cannot get my hands around SU terminating JB simply, and solely, for a few sentences of support for someone he has known for most of his life and who the school itself had investigated, apparently w/no findings of inappropriate conduct -- particularly because the same statements of support almost single-handedly prove that JB did not know or have reason to suspect the Bernie had engaged in any inappropriate conduct.

What if this 2011 investigation again showed that the allegations were not substantiated, and then Davis made the allegations again next year? Could JB then say he thinks its a fabrication? If not when.

If that was really them, it may be that they feel embolden and that they will be proven correct.

Yeah, Like Bobby Knight.

JB isn't going anywhere. By the time this investigation is over, no one is going to remember his emotional statement from the day everything broke. The ones that will bring it up will be those that have an agenda (ie, out for blood protest groups, people who hate the zone, etc) and they will be obvious. If the university ever asked JB to leave because of what he said that first night, then they could kiss my ass from that day forward.

If that was really them, it may be that they feel embolden and that they will be proven correct.
I was thinking that... They must feel confident things will end up well for them... You don't go out in public this soon if you have a strong feeling something bad is coming your way... just gets weirder by the day

I was thinking that... They must feel confident things will end up well for them... You don't go out in public this soon if you have a strong feeling something bad is coming your way... just gets weirder by the day

Because of the title of this thread, I think it should be deleted.

Jake, you are an awesome guy, and I don't want to argue this point. I respectfully disagree. As I said in a previous response, if the university EVER kowtows to any fringe protest groups and allows those people to make decisions for them, then they can kiss my ass from that day on. I cannot respect a group or organization that shows no backbone to protect one of their own from being railroaded. He said one word in an emotional statement within 12 hours of the news coming out. That should never be enough to damn anyone, considering the shady circumstances of all that had gone on before.

IMHO, JB wouldn't want to work for people that were even considering kowtowing. He pretty much stated that when his comment was called into question the following day. He said something like 'why would anyone want to live in a country where the "accusations" of one person could destroy another person's reputation and livelihood?'.

I certainly wouldn't want to support an organization that would do something like that under these specific circumstances, knowing what we know now. This isn't about JB. He said what anyone would have in that situation.

Seriously, wouldn't you stay inside? Or even go for a trip somewhere? Hide out? Visit a cousin in Florida where people won't recognize you? To go to the Carrier Dome 9 days after this story break is just mind-boggling to me.

it has only been 9 days?!?

1/2 my hair has either fallen out or turned gray in 9 days?

In college my girlfriend and I broke up, and the next week I made sure to go to the store she worked at with another girl. In retrospect it wasn't because I felt emboldened, it was because I was a jerk acting like a dooshbag. Having some personal experience with it I've gotten pretty good at sniffing out when someone is acting like a dooshbag - if they were actually at the game it fits the criteria perfectly.

I'm not reading anything else into it - they may be telling the truth, they may be lying...but they are absolutely, unequivocally dooshbags.

Because of the title of this thread, I think it should be deleted.
Odd thing - some threads get deleted quick for no apparent reason but then others never do when it seams they should

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom