Dungey invited to Bengals minicamp. Released by Bengals | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey invited to Bengals minicamp. Released by Bengals

Aside from Burrow, the Bengals QB room is weeaaak. Dungey might actually have a shot at making the 53 man roster. Good spot for him.

Especially if he comes "cheap" -- which, presumably he would.

Some teams love inexpensive backups, when they have long-term guys they've invested tons of money in. Didn't the Colts have some clown from Wisconsin as Peyton Manning's backup for several years, basically because he was cost-effective vis a vis the salary cap?

Love Dungey, BTW. What a freaking warrior, flaws and all.

I was the one pumping the brakes last week, pointing out that it was just a mini-camp invite... but is anyone honestly surprised???

Would love to see this kid make it to the NFL, in whatever capacity for however long. Just want him to stick and say that he made it to the bigs.

Probably wishful thinking on my part but I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate Dungey into the Bengal offense to complement Burrow. He could be like a Wildcat/hybrid type player in short-yardage situations with a run/pass option. Similar to the Brees/Taysom Hill dynamic.

Probably wishful thinking on my part but I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate Dungey into the Bengal offense to complement Burrow. He could be like a Wildcat/hybrid type player in short-yardage situations with a run/pass option. Similar to the Brees/Taysom Hill dynamic.
Thats a brutal, unforgiving division to be a halfback/hybrid in. Lot of ridiculously hard hitters.

You are welcome anytime, we have a large tailgate of about 150 every game on the banks of the Ohio just south of the stadium, lots of great things to do in the area!
What a great set-up down there! My daughter just finished her 2nd year at Xavier. with everything Covid we didn't get out to do much this past year but hope to again her Jr. year. As enjoy when we visit Cincinnati and usually try to get out at least once someplace between the baseball and football stadium.

So what kind of cash is this? I wish him well but don't think he will make the team. How much is he in line to make as an extra arm until Burrow gets back?

Thought the Giants would give him a shot to do that but it ended up being just TE.

So what kind of cash is this? I wish him well but don't think he will make the team. How much is he in line to make as an extra arm until Burrow gets back?

The league min is $660k but obviously he prolly won't see most of that unless he makes the roster. I'd assume his contract would be a little similar to the deal he signed with the Giants a couple years ago. Only a few thousand guaranteed at signing and prolly other bonus incentives.

Giants contract listed on his Spotrac page

I think even making the Practice Squad would be a nice accomplishment for him

The Bengals signed him before he could show his abilities in the Spring league so someone must have given them the heads up.