Eric Dungey in the XFL | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey in the XFL

He is a injury away from playing. I hope he plays I’m sure him and his family can use the distraction

eric had been away from the team for 2 weeks , its not unheard of to give him some time to get back into the team
Yeah pretend he wasn’t away from the team at all this season and this was the move by the head coach... I would be livid. But, give it a week. He might be so bad that Dungey has to play this week.

Nelson completed 70% of his passes, but they were all little check downs, and short passes. The offense looked awful with him.
We know what a warrior Dungey is. I'm telling you right now, that if he plays today, he'll be playing for his father. He'll go Brett Favre vs. the Raiders in 93 on their asses. I'll be setting my DVR.

I like the fact that the XFL has tried to have the coaches have associations to the city the team is in. They need to do more of that with the players. Also add more guys who were good college players but not NFL types. I will take a little less NFL readiness for guys that are better known. I would eventually do the following:

NYC- players associated with the Giants, Jets, Pats, Eagles, Bills or SU, ND, Rutgers, Penn State, BC or local non P5 schools or local FCS schools or even players who played locally in High School.

DC- players associated with Redskins, Ravens or Maryland, WV, UVA, VA Tech

Charlotte (new team)- Panthers or Clemson, South Carolina, UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake

Atlanta (new team)- Falcons or UGA, GA Tech, Bama, Auburn

Nashville (new team)- Titans or Tennessee, Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss State

Columbus (new team)- Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Colts or Ohio State, Pitt, Louisville, Indiana, Purdue

Tampa- Dolphins, Bucs, Jaguars or FSU, Miami, Florida

Houston- Texans, Saints or LSU, A&M, Baylor

Dallas- Cowboys or Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State

Seattle- Seahawks or Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State or Boise State or Montana, North Dakota State

LA- Rams, Chargers, 49ers, Raiders or USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal

Salt Lake City (new team)- Broncos, Cardinals or Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Colorado or Wyoming, BYU, New Mexico

Chicago (new team)- Bears, Lions, Packers, Vikings or Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Illinois

St Louis- Chiefs or Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, Mizzou, Kansas, Kansas State

That would give you 14 teams:

East- NY, DC, Tampa, Atlanta, Columbus, Nashville, Charlotte

West- LA, Seattle, St Louis, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Salt Lake City

If you only play you conference (I used to like when leagues did that) then you can have a true round robin 12 game season. Playoff first round is 3 seed at 2 seed. Conference final winner first game at 1 seed. Championship is division winners. So a 15 week season in total.

I think people would be more likely to watch and attend games when the team represents you.

I like the fact that the XFL has tried to have the coaches have associations to the city the team is in. They need to do more of that with the players. Also add more guys who were good college players but not NFL types. I will take a little less NFL readiness for guys that are better known. I would eventually do the following:

NYC- players associated with the Giants, Jets, Pats, Eagles, Bills or SU, ND, Rutgers, Penn State, BC or local non P5 schools or local FCS schools or even players who played locally in High School.

Charlotte (new team)- Panthers or Clemson, South Carolina, UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake

Nashville (new team)- Titans or Tennessee, Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss State

Columbus (new team)- Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Colts or Ohio State, Pitt, Louisville, Indiana, Purdue

Seattle- Seahawks or Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State or Boise State or Montana, North Dakota State

Salt Lake City (new team)- Broncos, Cardinals or Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Colorado or Wyoming, BYU, New Mexico

Chicago (new team)- Bears, Lions, Packers, Vikings or Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Illinois

If you only play you conference (I used to like when leagues did that) then you can have a true round robin 12 game season. Playoff first round is 3 seed at 2 seed. Conference final winner first game at 1 seed. Championship is division winners. So a 15 week season in total.

I think people would be more likely to watch and attend games when the team represents you.
Very true. I have no connection to Texas, but I'm willing to tune into the Renegades every week just for the off chance Dungey gets to play.
If the Defenders had Bromley, Dungey, Martin, some ex giants, some familiar faces from BC, ND, Penn State, I wouldn't just watch, I'd be willing to drive to East Rutherford to watch a game.

That's a great idea, some local connection.

Not unlike how most of the TBT basketball teams have a common connection, makes it easy to root for a team, even if it's not ultra highly skilled.

That's a great idea, some local connection.

Not unlike how most of the TBT basketball teams have a common connection, makes it easy to root for a team, even if it's not ultra highly skilled.

That’s a good comparison. Make it TBTesque. It would be more about seeing guys you used to watch in college than a elite competition like the NFL. If the XFL wants to be a minor league than keep going the way they are. But that will never really catch on. If they want a fun spring alternative that has a cult following, then go TBT.

If the XFL hangs around long enough, I wonder if salaries will get high enough that you'll see some guys that had a 5-10 year run in the NFL as contributors but not stars extend their careers in the XFL.

If the XFL hangs around long enough, I wonder if salaries will get high enough that you'll see some guys that had a 5-10 year run in the NFL as contributors but not stars extend their careers in the XFL.
I've seen a lot of guys that were playing in the NFL. Off the top ofmy head:
Cameron Artis Payne, Andre Williams, Antonio Calloway, Sammie Coates, Matt Jones, Rahim Moore, Keenan Reynolds, Eli Rogers,Will Hill...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom