Dwayne Schintzius dead at 43- | Syracusefan.com

Dwayne Schintzius dead at 43-

Damn, remember meeting him when our cyo team played in the meadowlands...he was the man in eddie "Ivan makes basket", rip

Sorry to hear this. I will always think of Rony Seikaly's game against him back in 87 when I think of him. I always thought he was a decent guy

At one time they played together on the same NBA team, Miami? early death is always tragic.

Wow, that is sad. He had one of the best mullets ever outside the construction industry.
Edit: I had to clarify that I am not making fun of him, because I had a mullet, and I wish it was half as good as his.

Way too young. I remember him most for his schooling by Rony (I was at the game), but for all his bravado, seemed like a decent guy.

I have that game
Way too young. I remember him most for his schooling by Rony (I was at the game), but for all his bravado, seemed like a decent guy.
I have that game on VHS somewhere. That was Rony's national coming out party.

Much too sad when anyone dies like this. Cancer treatment has come a long way, but still a long way to go.

It's always a bit of a shock when you see something like that.
I remember him for 4 things:

The tennis racket incident at Florida.

Seikaly abusing him in the regional finals. I was sitting under one of the baskets.
Every time he turned around Seikaly was jamming the ball in his face.

Running into him late one night at the legendary Tick Tock Diner on Route 3 in Clifton, NJ.
(The sister diner near MSG is kind of a lame copy).
That was a loooong body to get into a diner chair.

The mullet. He wore it well (to the extent that is possible).