Dwyane Wade Ad from Budweiser. (a must watch) | Syracusefan.com

Dwyane Wade Ad from Budweiser. (a must watch)

We need to broadcast these types of stories more widely. I never really heard about the positivity that Dwayne Wade spread during his playing days. I've only started to hear about them now that he's retired. Maybe that's my fault. It's an injustice that we typically only see the failings of athletes/celebrities/politicians. We need to be better. We need to hear about the good things people do more than all of the bad we do to each other, or at least a little more equally.
I never cared one way or other about DW until the stuff I've heard and read the last couple of weeks. I am a big fan of his now.

LOVE D Wade!
But dammit, i can’t help thinking how Melo could’ve/should’ve/would’ve had a similar farewell tour, if only...,
To see him out of the league, basically banished, is heartbreaking. He deserved better. SMDH

Syracuse Melo and NBA Melo were two different players. One had a constant smile, beloved and won a title. The other scored a lot of points and didn't do much else.

Syracuse Melo and NBA Melo were two different players. One had a constant smile, beloved and won a title. The other scored a lot of points and didn't do much else.

Carmelo Anthony: Charity Work & Causes - Look to the Stars
About Us - Carmelo Anthony Foundation
Programs - Carmelo Anthony Foundation

Some players or the recipient organizations are way more public promoting good works but you are so wrong about Melo not doing much else . I know but it doesn’t fit the cool, negativity so popular here though. In addition to the numerous charitable programs from the links above but name other former stars who donated 3 million dollars to a university they attended for one year? People here are crazy. Kudos to Dwayne Wade but you should be embarrassed to use it as a platform to rip on Melo - just shows some of the mentalities too pervasive here.

Some players or the recipient organizations are way more public promoting good works but you are so wrong about Melo not doing much else . I know but it doesn’t fit the cool, negativity so popular here though. In addition to the numerous charitable programs from the links above but name other former stars who donated 3 million dollars to a university they attended for one year? People here are crazy. Kudos to Dwayne Wade but you should be embarrassed to use it as a platform to rip on Melo - just shows some of the mentalities too pervasive here.

I never ripped Melo but to put him on the same level as Wade when it comes to the NBA is ridiculous.

I believe he was referring to his on the court accomplishments. He wasn't ripping Melo. Everyone breathe lol

Luckiest team I’ve ever seen win it all

I believe he was referring to his on the court accomplishments. He wasn't ripping Melo. Everyone breathe lol

Melo’s on court accomplishments also included not ever getting to play with another HOF-level teammate in or near their respective primes.

Back on topic - that’s a great video.
DWade definitely moves up a few more notches in my book.

I never ripped Melo but to put him on the same level as Wade when it comes to the NBA is ridiculous.

Statistically, they're astoundingly similar players. Basically identical. Even defensively they're close.

The only big difference is Wade got to play with two legitimate superstars at the same time; Melo had 1 at most, and that's debatable.

They can't be compared because Wade had the good fortune of playing for a Title contender and winning some?

Statistically, they're astoundingly similar players. Basically identical. Even defensively they're close.

The only big difference is Wade got to play with two legitimate superstars at the same time; Melo had 1 at most, and that's debatable.

They can't be compared because Wade had the good fortune of playing for a Title contender and winning some?

Defensively they're close? Have you watched Wade play?

Defensively they're close? Have you watched Wade play?

He does okay blocking shots for a guard. (Edit: I meant to say he's okay at blocking shots - 0.8bpg is ok - and that's excellent for a guard) Nobody would call him a defensive force. Have you watched him play?

The advanced stats don't point to him being a top notch defender. The eye test doesn't either.

Last edited by a moderator:
...are you serious

Was 'okay' not strong enough for (edit: 0.8) blocks per game? Good?

My punctuation wasn't good. To clarify, his bpg is okay/good. For a guard, it's very good.

Better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to derail this thread and I am a big time melo fan and defender, but only here would someone compare Carmelo and wade. Both built themselves remarkable (worldwide) basketball careers. Both hall of famers. Wade is higher all time by a pretty objective gap.

Not to derail this thread and I am a big time melo fan and defender, but only here would someone compare Carmelo and wade. Both built themselves remarkable (worldwide) basketball careers. Both hall of famers. Wade is higher all time by a pretty objective gap.

Then why don't the stats support it? Wade had the better career, I'm not arguing he didn't, but the stats don't show a wide margin between the two players.

Melo averaged 2 more ppg on 2 more shots per game. Effectively equal.

Melo got more boards, Wade had more assists. A product of playing SG vs. SF/PF.

Turnovers blocks and steals net out to roughly no difference.

Almost equal usage. Wade has a higher WS (that's why I'm admitting he's better) but it's not by a wide margin.

The stats just don't support Wade being on a different tier than Melo.

He does okay blocking shots for a guard. Nobody would call him a defensive force. Have you watched him play?

The advanced stats don't point to him being a top notch defender. The eye test doesn't either.

Wade was a good defender in his prime; good enough to make a few All-Defense teams. Melo was never remotely close as a defender or creator for others. The latter is a big reason why Wade was able to carve out a significant role for himself his last few years; even when his scoring efficiency nosedived, he brought some value as a stabilizing force and as someone that could make the right pass to get his teammates a good look. When Melo's scoring efficiency nosedived, he was just an all-around liability on the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom