Dyshawn Davis ready to Shine in ACC | Syracusefan.com

Dyshawn Davis ready to Shine in ACC

Van111

Starter
Back in 2011, when Ishaq left us out in the cold and with a hole to fill, up came a kid from Milford Academy by the name of Dyshawn Davis. Here we are just over 2 years later and at the start of the third season for both players, Dyshawn is a given stater while Ishaq continues to be a specialty player for the Irish. Now, who would have thought that? Stats speak for themselves....

Starts: DD: 18 IW: 0
Sacks: DD: 5 IW: 0
Tackles: DD: 112 IW: 28
for loss: DD: 24.5 IW: 4.5
FF: DD: 2 IW: 1
PD: DD: 3 IW: 1
FR: DD: 1 IW: 0
TD: DD: 1 IW:0
INT: DD: 1 IW: 0

And many project that DD will be the break out player of the year in the ACC at his position. Just goes to show you what opportunity and playing time does for an athlete. Do we miss IW? At this point, who cares. With just 2 years of elidgability left for both, it is Mr. Davis that has heads turning by his play, while Mr. Williams continues to be a speculation or projection. Mr. Williams, the grass is greener in NY, that I can assure you.

Dyshawn, to a break out year in the ACC, go smash some bodies my man!

I agree-Too many of these guys just go for the bigger name when in actuality the most important thing for getting to the NFL is getting on the field. The NFL can't evaluate you if you're not playing, but if the #1 pick in the entire draft can come from the MAC, I think they'll find you if you play for SU in the ACC.

Notre Dame was the best choice for Ishaq's "Brand". I always laugh when I think of that comment by his father.

Hard to have a "brand" when you don't play. Pretty sure Ishaq isn't starting again this year. Maybe by his senior year he'll get a shot, I hope so for his sake.

My favorite Cuse player.

Notre Dame was the best choice for Ishaq's "Brand". I always laugh when I think of that comment by his father.

Hard to have a "brand" when you don't play. Pretty sure Ishaq isn't starting again this year. Maybe by his senior year he'll get a shot, I hope so for his sake.
I hope he doesn't for ours. A guy like that sitting for his whole career only helps us win recruiting battles with ND.

Ishaq's brand? That's classic. I hear he's releasing a new fragrance. "Pine" by Calvin Klein.

It will sell as a holiday box set, packaged with Kramer's scent "the ocean".

tumblr_mdur5o5yUY1rcaovvo1_1280.jpg

If IW wanted to transfer I'd still take him. Imagine if we had both DD and IW this year?

it's a shame - Ishaq would be getting some serious publicity as a returning starter at DE for what is looking to be a VERY good defense this year and going forward. (especially in the NYC metro with Reddish, Morgan, Williams, etc playing significant roles)

yeah, he got to play some snaps in a national championship game by going to ND, but something tells me that's not a game any of them are going to look back on fondly :noidea:

Back in 2011, when Ishaq left us out in the cold and with a hole to fill, up came a kid from Milford Academy by the name of Dyshawn Davis. Here we are just over 2 years later and at the start of the third season for both players, Dyshawn is a given stater while Ishaq continues to be a specialty player for the Irish. Now, who would have thought that? Stats speak for themselves....

Starts: DD: 18 IW: 0
Sacks: DD: 5 IW: 0
Tackles: DD: 112 IW: 28
for loss: DD: 24.5 IW: 4.5
FF: DD: 2 IW: 1
PD: DD: 3 IW: 1
FR: DD: 1 IW: 0
TD: DD: 1 IW:0
INT: DD: 1 IW: 0

And many project that DD will be the break out player of the year in the ACC at his position. Just goes to show you what opportunity and playing time does for an athlete. Do we miss IW? At this point, who cares. With just 2 years of elidgability left for both, it is Mr. Davis that has heads turning by his play, while Mr. Williams continues to be a speculation or projection. Mr. Williams, the grass is greener in NY, that I can assure you.

Dyshawn, to a break out year in the ACC, go smash some bodies my man!

Here's a nice write up from Bleacher Report. I know, its bleacher report, and SU is highlighted on slide 96 of 128, but see who is the intro into the slide show, yes, its Dyshawn!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1673382-one-thing-to-fear-about-every-college-football-team

Out of all the schools in this, the author picked Dyshawn to highlight his slide show with! Pretty cool!

The one thing about DD that I think really improved this past year was pass coverage abilities. He had a pick against Temple (I think) when they were in zone in which he played his responsibilities and got some nice depth in his pass drop. Kind of like Derrick Brooks in the old Tampa 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom