Early Lines for 2013 | Syracusefan.com

Early Lines for 2013

I'll take SU even against PSU. No way we are going to lose that game.

I think I'll take the 13 pts against NW
@Johnny_Detroit: Northwestern Wildcats are favored by 3-points over the Michigan Wolverines. Last time Wildcats were favored over Michigan? NEVER. #GoBlue

I love a good ole fashion home dog of a TD or more. chalk it up. when it's all said and done we will be the most under valued team all season. Teams that can run the ball and play defensive generate all sorts of value...mark that down

I know there was a thread on projected lines for this season. I swear I looked for it but I couldn't find it.

Golden Nugget releases 250 college football point spreads for 2013 regular season
http://kegsneggsblog.com/2013/06/07...otball-point-spreads-for-2013-regular-season/

Penn State (-6.5) vs. Syracuse
Syracuse at Northwestern (-13)
Clemson (-8) at Syracuse
Syracuse at Florida State (-16)

I would have put the PSU game closer to 3.5 or 4, but the other spreads look reasonable to me. Clemson and Florida State are fringe national title contenders and have way more speed than we do, and Northwestern is an excellent well-coached team that is projected to be preseason top 20. We could play well there and still lose a 31-17 type ballgame.

Question is if NW will be hardnosed and lose game in 4th quarter. They always seem to do so lately...

I'll take SU even against PSU. No way we are going to lose that game.

If there is no way we lose that game, then wouldn't you have SU as like a 35 point favorite?

If there is no way we lose that game, then wouldn't you have SU as like a 35 point favorite?

How does point spread have anything to do with winning confidence. If that was the case, then I should have them an infinite point favorite.

How does point spread have anything to do with winning confidence. If that was the case, then I should have them an infinite point favorite.

If you say the spread should be a pick em, it implies that you believe the teams are evenly matched. If you say that "there's no way we lose the game" (aka how I feel about our game vs. Wagner), it implies that you feel Syracuse is vastly superior to Penn State. Those two thoughts seem contradictory.

If you say the spread should be a pick em, it implies that you believe the teams are evenly matched. If you say that "there's no way we lose the game" (aka how I feel about our game vs. Wagner), it implies that you feel Syracuse is vastly superior to Penn State. Those two thoughts seem contradictory.

hmmm...I suppose so.