Easiest P5 Schedule in 2020? | Syracusefan.com

Easiest P5 Schedule in 2020?

Reyes39

2nd String
Former Phil Steele and Pregame CFB analyst Brad Powers seems to think so. With the current state of the ACC, I wouldn't argue.

20200324_152813.jpg

Thats a presumed pre season guess
Which are usually wrong
But let’s hope it’s right and let’s hope we have a season

Looks like he has a bone with the ACC. But maybe he knows Duke doesn't want to play and the ACC will then shut it down

It’s because our P5 nonconference game is with Rutgers.
Then 3 should be wins.

We get a new staffed BC without spring ball in the opener.
A Georgia Tech team in year 2 of a new staff turning over an option team offense.
Plus Pitt as a crossover and Florida State with a new staff at home.

Honestly we have 11 winnable games next year regular season.

Sickens me we have to have a joke of a schedule to try and make a bowl.

Then 3 should be wins.

A Georgia Tech team in year 2 of a new staff turning over an option team offense.

11 winnable, let’s say you flunk 2 you should’ve won and lose 1 more because a team outplayed itself?? 8-4 season. That’s how I just looked at this haha. If we get a few breaks then yes, I can see a 10-2 season. I think 8-4 is going to be it though.

If you want to be the best, you have to play the best!

We play Clemson. EVERY YEAR.
You were saying? :rolleyes:

There are zero bonus points awarded or extra credit given for degree of difficulty in the OOC schedule.
None, zip. Nada.

The goal for a team like Syracuse, is to schedule such as to have the highest possible odds of going 4-0.
I’m thrilled that we are FINALLY doing exactly that.

Do you like bowl games?
I like bowl games. Bowl games are FUN.
Winning seasons are fun.
Winning is like, SOOOO much better than losing!;)

Going 4-0 gives us an excellent chance for a winning season and therefore a bowl game.
Dino gets it.

Starting the year with 2 road games should not be understated totally threw a wrench in last years season.
Really? Starting at Liberty and at Maryland threw a wrench in it last year? Those are not that difficult of games. What threw wrench in it was we were just flat out bad. Hardly think that the schedule was the reason for our derailment. So what do you think of starting at BC and at Rutgers for the first two games in 2020?

I think the BC game is a toss up at this point. If we win that I will feel very excited about the season as their should be a decent shot of us starting out 5-1.

Last edited:
Really? Starting at Liberty and at Maryland threw a wrench in it last year? Those are not that difficult of games. What through a wrench in it was we were just flat out bad. Hardly think that the schedule was the reason for our derailment. So what do you think of starting at BC and at Rutgers for the first two games in 2020?

I think the BC game is a toss up at this point. If we win that I will feel very excited about the season as their should be a decent shot of us starting out 5-1.

Right. If we’d lost a hard fought game at Maryland, I could see the complaint. Then you could argue we probably would’ve beat them at home.

They beat us by 43 and the game was never remotely competitive. The location of the game didn’t matter.

Since most bowls are contracted to conferences, having a strong schedule is really only important if you are contending for a CFP slot. We ain't there.

AND - IF by some miracle we were "there", it would likely mean that we managed to beat Clemson.
Plus also likely FSU, Llvll, etc.
Nobody's gonna gripe that we played random meh P5 and the 3 Little Sisters of the Poor in the OOC.

Those are beyond First World Problems - those are The 1% Problems. ;)

Going to Maryland and expecting to win just by stepping off the bus totally threw a wrench in last year's season.

I will assume we won't repeat such a thing at Rutgers this year.

Yeah. Just saying we didn’t look good vs a team worse than BC and Buttgers week 1 though fans on here took that as a sign of a dominant D. Being able to tune up Liberty in the Dome wouldn’t have made us beat Maryland but I assume we score more points if that’s the case.

We need a 2-0 start. We can’t lose to our peer ACC program after the way they victimized us last season. And we can’t possibly lose to our most comparable non ACC P5 program that’s been worse than us noticeably since we both left the BE.

These are must win games think Temple in 2003. We need both a split isn’t any better than 0-2 tbh.

Road vs home is significant it’s a shame one isn’t in the Dome given the importance. 2-0 start means Syracuse is gonna win 10 games 2/3 years and be ‘back’ and Dino might get some multi stars to commit finally and probably won’t jump when a peer program offers him.

We play Clemson. EVERY YEAR.
You were saying? :rolleyes:

There are zero bonus points awarded or extra credit given for degree of difficulty in the OOC schedule.
None, zip. Nada.

The goal for a team like Syracuse, is to schedule such as to have the highest possible odds of going 4-0.
I’m thrilled that we are FINALLY doing exactly that.

Do you like bowl games?
I like bowl games. Bowl games are FUN.
Winning seasons are fun.
Winning is like, SOOOO much better than losing!;)

Going 4-0 gives us an excellent chance for a winning season and therefore a bowl game.
Dino gets it.
Clemson finished second last year. Now, if we played LSU, that would be different. Ben Schwartzwalder believed in what I said and it worked out pretty good for him.

Clemson finished second last year. Now, if we played LSU, that would be different. Ben Schwartzwalder believed in what I said and it worked out pretty good for him.

Yes, because doing things that worked over SIX DECADES AGO, is sure to work today. :rolleyes:

Why are you even here?
Shouldn't you be playing with your slide-rule? ;)
Ben didn't have no interwebs!!

Then 3 should be wins.

I agree. And that BC game becomes a pretty huge game to start the season given all the changes for us, and them. We'll be implementing a new system for sure on the defensive side of the ball, hopefully/most likely not too much change on the offensive side, but who knows. Couple that with the COVID issues and possible reduction of practice time and you can put me in the very nervous category. Really need to get that first game win to get things moving in the right direction, but im sure BC is saying and thinking the same thing. Its gonna be a very interesting start to the season.