Ebenezer Scezer | Syracusefan.com

Ebenezer Scezer

TheSpaz

2nd String
DE Ebenezer Scezer to UConn. Kind of strange if you ask me but it's still early.

DE Ebenezer Scezer to UConn. Kind of strange if you ask me but it's still early.
I think his name is actually Ebenezer Ogundeko. Probably the best DE out of NYC in the class of 2013. UConn held their junior day during a basketball weekend featuring a game against Syracuse. Rutgers did the same.

Ironically, we are the only school of the three that did not set things up so their junior day coincided with a game featuring the best basketball team in the East. Hopefully we can get him up to campus for our spring game or for camp.

I think his name is actually Ebenezer Ogundeko. Probably the best DE out of NYC in the class of 2013. UConn held their junior day during a basketball weekend featuring a game against Syracuse. Rutgers did the same.

Ironically, we are the only school of the three that did not set things up so their junior day coincided with a game featuring the best basketball team in the East. Hopefully we can get him up to campus for our spring game or for camp.
Yeah that's a head scratcher for sure. Marrone is just old school I guess. Bring the recruits in to see a Spring Game before 5,000 "rabid" fans in a cold and empty Dome to give them a real feel for the place . . . . Anyway, he does like to use the basketball team to showcase the place during official visits in December and January. Hopefully some of these guys will still be considering us then.

Can we start a letter writing campaign to let Marrone know how to do things?

Can we start a letter writing campaign to let Marrone how to do things?
You really think he would listen? (just being as facetious as you)

It should have been this upcoming weekend, so we could show off our BE Championship trophy

Its not over. He put on his facebook that he thinks he made the right choice. Also, this kid is a work out junkie. Saw a video of him benching 315 twice. power cleaning 250. He has a chip on his shoulder. Cant give up on him. I am totally not understanding the juinor day thing. I hope it works out for us. It makes no sense not having it during a BB game. We probably would have had two commits by now

Honestly, I want to be optimistic with Marrone but his decision making skills are really head scratchers. How do you not coincide your Jr. Day with a 30+k Dome basketball game. What the hell is he doing kids want to be pampered and wooed I understand his Coach Mac style but this is the 21st century not the 1980s. Also, his persona and mantra of discipline is BS with how undisciplined we have played in his 3 years as HC. I am hopeful we improve, but I am not optimistic in the direction of the football program leadership.

Has anyone emailed the staff about this (Why no Jr. day to watch one of the top B-ball teams in the country, where the crowd is rocking every game?)

John Garcia Jr (@JohnGarcia_Jr)
2/26/12 9:49 PM
Additional tid-bits on Ogundeko's commitment to #UCon including some news in his interest with #Cuse and #ArizonaState mbd.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./mb.aspx?s=342&…

Any details?

2/26/12 10:15 PM
When asked about UConn going forward, Ogundeko told me "a few players from New York plan on committing there also." #interesting...

2/26/12 10:15 PM
When asked about UConn going forward, Ogundeko told me "a few players from New York plan on committing there also." #interesting...
Probably the ones we don't want anyway so it doesn't matter inviting them up to see the 29-1 Orangemen take on Louisville.

So much effort and emphasis put on NYC by the staff and P comes in and gets a good one early. If what Garcia hints at is true, then color me concerned.

I think this kid is one that we flip if we keep working on him. He wants to major in communications and hasn't been to any schools other than UConn (I think?). I think we're focusing on the big fish right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if we land a couple four stars this year.

This is extremely disappointing... right in the heart of our recruiting territory.

He is visiting for junior day/spring game. Hopefully we make an impact on him.

The problem is 90% of the time when someone posts this they don't flip to us. So in reality... it's pretty close to over.

82% of statistics used to prove a point are made up...

It appears we just aren't quite smart enough to put these things together. Next saturday would have been a chance to show our fans and the Dome off to juniors across the country up close and personal. If it snows we have a warm and cuddley atmosphere for the Orange family.SUball

This is extremely disappointing... right in the heart of our recruiting territory.
Is it a lack of effort interest? or all of the above?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom