Ed Cooley to Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

Ed Cooley to Georgetown

Ed Cooley to replace Ewing at Georgetown. This is a great get for Georgetown.

Too bad -- he's a quality, competent coach. Unlike the guy he's succeeding.

Today's coaching announcements feels like these guys are trying to keep up with the player portal.

They kinda had to after the Ewing hire went straight down the crapper.

Here's hoping we do much better with Red.
We have a much higher ceiling and a much lower floor

Seems like a really good dude. Surprised he's not a Providence lifer, but definitely a cool opportunity to restore a once mighty program with some cultural and historical significance. And he's making bank too.

Source: Sources tell FOX Sports that Georgetown will pay Cooley close to $6 million per year.

That's some serious money right there.

WideEnchantedBass-max-1mb.gif

A much lower floor? Than Ewing?? Our floor must be at the center of the earth. I guess we could go 0-20 in conference instead of 2-18.
And Georgetown went 0-19 the year before. Would hate to see worse than that.

Source: Sources tell FOX Sports that Georgetown will pay Cooley close to $6 million per year.

That's some serious money right there.
He was getting about 4 million a year at PC so not exactly chump change.

I wonder how much it really is after all the endorsements, etc.

This has got to be embarrassing for Providence. Letting your coach get poached by a conference rival

Its not just the optics of that. Cooley has to dismantle PC and poach their players and encourage the others to transfer if he doesn't its a conflict of interest with his new job. PC fans should be pissed at him he left for a crappy job that plays in empty arenas and money.

If Uconn wasn't lucky enough with St Marys second leading scorer getting hurt for absolutely no reason when he was standing around waiting for a pass and leaving the game with them ahead todays news is even better.

I don't think PC is going to beat out St Johns or Georgetown for any portal guys and they have already lost this years class. They might be worse than Depaul next year instead of entering the season top 25 which they were in line to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom