edit title options | Syracusefan.com

edit title options

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
how come you can edit the body of the post but not the title? unless i cant figure out how to do it.

Open your post and click on the Thread Tools option in the upper right hand corner. Select Edit Thread. You should be able to change the title of your thread there...

not working broski, you have moderator options and i dont.
Not working is too vague. Please answer the following questions...

When you go into your post, do you see the word Edit under it?

Can you click on Edit and edit your post?

When in edit mode, do you see the following above it:

Thread Tools Unwatch Thread Selected posts: 0 Go To First Unread

If so, can you click on Thread Tools, then select Edit Thread?

If you got that far, you should see the title of the post and be able to edit it. I of course can't use the board as a normal user and am not 100% sure of this but I believe everyone has the ability to edit their own threads, and that should include editing the title. Please answer the questions above so I can understand where you run into a problem.

Don't mean to butt in, but I tried what you say, Tom. After clicking Edit, I get a pop-up window where I can edit the existing post (along with font size, bold, etc.). In terms of buttons or links, my only choices are 'Save Change', 'More Options', or 'Cancel'. More Options just allows me to edit some more, upload a file, preview my post, etc. Didn't see anywhere that allowed me to change the title of the post. Hope this helps.

Don't mean to butt in, but I tried what you say, Tom. After clicking Edit, I get a pop-up window where I can edit the existing post (along with font size, bold, etc.). In terms of buttons or links, my only choices are 'Save Change', 'More Options', or 'Cancel'. More Options just allows me to edit some more, upload a file, preview my post, etc. Didn't see anywhere that allowed me to change the title of the post. Hope this helps.
It does and I thank you for the feedback. Please try this on one of these boards:
Create a thread. Double click on it. See if you see the following just above it:

If what you see is what I see, the Thread Tools should display an icon indicating there is a drop down menu behind it (a circle arrow kind of thingee). You should be able to click on it, then select Edit Thread, then have an opportunity to edit the title of the thread. I can see this for all threads. I assume it is because I am a moderator. I am hopeful normal users can see this but only for the threads they have started. Can you let me know if you (or Albany, or anyone) can do this for threads you start?

Thanks!

we dont have the thread tools option, only edit, than more options link after that, and we cant edit the title of posts.

Don't make any mistakes when you start a thread, or it will go on your permanent record.

FYI guys, I confirmed that you are all correct. There is currently no way to change a title for a thread once it has been created. Will see if this can be changed.

Thanks for the information.

FYI guys, I confirmed that you are all correct. There is currently no way to change a title for a thread once it has been created. Will see if this can be changed.

Thanks for the information.

i would like to thank God, all my family and friends and last but not least my syracusefan.com fellow friends for i would not be able to do it without you :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom