Eight Syracuse players (women) enter the Portal... | Syracusefan.com

Eight Syracuse players (women) enter the Portal...

Most are way past senior status and got extra time for all of the previous reasons and now get a year for COVID. That is making it easier to transfer. There are some really big names so far in the women's transfer portal from other programs. It has nothing to do with our program. The whole scene for men and women will be very interesting.

Yea 7 is a lot, something doesn’t pass the sniff test here. I hope they do exit interviews with the ADs office

Poor shooting team...was time for Q to reload...could put a little pressure on UConn if we could of made a layup.

Yea 7 is a lot, something doesn’t pass the sniff test here. I hope they do exit interviews with the ADs office

Several were seniors (or beyond) who wouldn’t be back in a non-Covid year anyway.

2 were players who got suspended at the end of the year.

1 opted out of the last season.

Only Emily leaving really hurts.
so far.

Honest question here. Let’s say you’re running a program... you lose a half dozen players at the end of a season to the transfer portal. You go out and recruit a couple new freshman and four new transfer portal players. How do fans have any enthusiasm for following/supporting that team? It’s just a collection of collegiate sports mercenaries. Men. Women. No difference. I am having a difficult time seeing how this is good for college sports. Maybe for some players. Seeming like there should be a better way.

Honest question here. Let’s say you’re running a program... you lose a half dozen players at the end of a season to the transfer portal. You go out and recruit a couple new freshman and four new transfer portal players. How do fans have any enthusiasm for following/supporting that team? It’s just a collection of collegiate sports mercenaries. Men. Women. No difference. I am having a difficult time seeing how this is good for college sports. Maybe for some players. Seeming like there should be a better way.
How do you root for a team that loses say 4 seniors and has 4 freshman coming in?

The Syracuse men’s team basically turns over every 2 years these days. This year is extreme, but college hoops hasn’t had much continuity for a long time.

We all knew this new transfer rule will lead to roster upheaval like we have never seen or could imagine. This year might be worse than ever as Covid has made the season so much different for students especially freshmen. I'm sure they are thinking it must be better someplace else but I think the overall college experience this year has been crappy at best.

The Syracuse men’s team basically turns over every 2 years these days. This year is extreme, but college hoops hasn’t had much continuity for a long time.
I think that’s an overstatement. Even recently, while we’ve had guys leave early for the nba, and some transfers in and out, we still have had many players spend a career here. I support players leaving early to go make money if that’s what they want to do. I support kids transferring for academics, or even greener pastures athletically. But this is not getting out of control.

I would not be surprised if we are close to the point where colleges are no longer responsible for their athletic teams. The teams will be operated independently, with corporate sponsors, kids will get paid, contracts will be written and broken, and the only thing the school will provide is an identity for the team - the next step of the Michigan State situation if you will. The Wegmans basketball team, from Syracuse University. Yay! Thanks, but I’ll be out.

Team chemistry "looked" off all year. Obviously knowing nothing, but the team never seemed to gel and had some horrific efforts. Also it will get me panned but i think working Tiana in when she clearly was not the same player had to be tough.