Eight Syracuse players (women) enter the Portal... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Eight Syracuse players (women) enter the Portal...

Need some accountability across all sports. Don’t get the love for Wildhack on here, except he’s a nice enough guy and has done all you need to do from a PR perspective. But since he arrived, our Olympic sports have gone downhill and the premier sports are on a slippery slope. Big next couple years.
I don’t see it. Didn’t Q get them to the natty under his tenure?

people are stretching

I don’t see it. Didn’t Q get them to the natty under his tenure?

people are stretching
No. They went the year before he arrived.

12 players transferring. Out of 15. There’s a problem.

Name me one program that has improved in last 5 years.

No. They went the year before he arrived.

12 players transferring. Out of 15. There’s a problem.

Name me one program that has improved in last 5 years.
Actually they lost to UConn in the 2016 NC game. Hillsman has been the coach for 14 years...

To win a National Championship you must be able to both recruit and coach at the same level as the UConn program currently does.

Actually they lost to UConn in the 2016 NC game. Hillsman has been the coach for 14 years...

The argument I am making is the AD needs to hold people more accountable, specifically coaches. Hillsman has proven he can recruit. Since that run, it has been a mess. And 12 out of 15 players speaks for itself.

To win a National Championship you must be able to both recruit and coach at the same level as the UConn program currently does.
I don’t think anyone says you need to be UConn. But there are enough signs to point in the direction of something being amiss with the WBB program.

Will the AD hold coaches accountable when the administration is not really all that interested in SU sports?

Will the AD hold coaches accountable when the administration is not really all that interested in SU sports?
This AD has had a football program that has had a disaster for a year. The men's lax hasn't been to a final four in a while. JB decided not to retire. The women went to the Final four before he got here, and the women have underperformed the last 2 years.

I didn’t say be UConn; I said at that level. Since Gino has been at UConn, he has established a winning tradition based on high level recruiting and coaching. I would expect our coach to do it his/her way. Cuse Women’s Basketball can do that, with the right coach and athletic administration support!

I hope JW is talking to these ladies
Where I work, the sport administrator has exit meetings following the conclusion of the season with each athlete. The sport administrator and AD have talks following the meetings. If their are deeper issues, the AD can also have player meetings as well.