Either schiano is going through a divorce or | Syracusefan.com

Either schiano is going through a divorce or

retro44

Living Legend
snookie has been whispering in his ear about his kick-off proposal.I think it's time he talks to the team shrink.

you only see those types of proposals in divorce court.

Kickoff will be gone from the NFL in ten years. Whatever the alternative is, it will seem very strange.

I really wouldn't mind if special teams went away completely.
There needs to be some provision to allow teams that are trailing to get the ball back after scoring. Eventhough onside kicks convert a 10%, it's still a chance.

They will never get rid of kickoffs. Never.

They will never get rid of kickoffs. Never.
Marsh, they have to worry about being around. The league is scared to death of these lawsuits. They can't settle them all. And while I am at it, have you changed your feelings about Uconn and if so, what are they?

I just dont see them taking that part of the game away. CITH is right. Teams need that chance to get the ball back when down. I understand the concern but I dont see them actually pulling the trigger.

Oh and Baise Uconn (thats French for )

I just dont see them taking that part of the game away. CITH is right. Teams need that chance to get the ball back when down. I understand the concern but I dont see them actually pulling the trigger.

Oh and Baise Uconn (thats French for )
flip a coin

Assumption of risk is what I would claim if I was the NFL. Make all the players that enter the league sign a waiver or they won't be allowed in the league. Boom goes the threat of a lawsuit.

I would rather them do away with kickoffs than give the trailing team the ball. UGH. Want to win the game? Score more points when you have the ball. No reason at all to 'help' the losing team. :rolleyes:

There needs to be some provision to allow teams that are trailing to get the ball back after scoring. Eventhough onside kicks convert a 10%, it's still a chance.
There was one included in his proposal.. the proposal was that you start with the ball on your own 30 with a 4th and 15. If this is instituted, that HS coach who advocates going for it on 4th may just have a shot in the League!

get rid of kickoffs, get rid of field goals.

get the show on the road. if score a TD, the other team gets the ball at their 2.

so much wasted time on soccer players when 99% of the time they're going to get the extra point and the other team's going to get the ball around the 25 or 30

Assumption of risk is what I would claim if I was the NFL. Make all the players that enter the league sign a waiver or they won't be allowed in the league. Boom goes the threat of a lawsuit.

Assumption of risk exists even without the waiver and is defensible. As an attorney, I know you're quite aware of this. You also know that you can not pass negligence through a contract, waiver, etc. So, the players could all sign these documents, however, it doesn't preclude them from commencing a potential future lawsuit if they want to make a plea/claim that somehow, someway, etc. the league was still negligent in some capacity.

Would rather them get rid of extra point kicks...waste of time...I would imagine the % of made XP kicks is in the 90s...Give the team a choice...go for two or get an automatic point...

get rid of kickoffs, get rid of field goals.

get the show on the road. if score a TD, the other team gets the ball at their 2.

so much wasted time on soccer players when 99% of the time they're going to get the extra point and the other team's going to get the ball around the 25 or 30

Could you imagine no FGs? Some of these coaches would need to burn all 3 timeouts to figure out whether to go for it or punt when faced with a 4th and 3 from the other team's 28.

I keep hearing that the NFL has data on how more injuries occur on kickoffs than any other play, but I've never seen it. Would be an interesting read.

Could you imagine no FGs? Some of these coaches would need to burn all 3 timeouts to figure out whether to go for it or punt when faced with a 4th and 3 from the other team's 28.

I keep hearing that the NFL has data on how more injuries occur on kickoffs than any other play, but I've never seen it. Would be an interesting read.
i would bet there are more catastrophic injuries per kickoff than any other play

i think people get fooled by how few kickoffs there are compared to plays from scrimmage (small numerator of injuries but much smaller denominator of kickoffs)

i will never understand for the life of me why they don't just make everyone wear Mark Kelso/Steve Wallace padded helmet. simple easy potential solution with no downside other than meatheads not thinking it looks cool enough. probably doesn't help spine injuries but it helped guys with who already had concussion issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom