Class of 2018 - EJ Montgomery to Kentucky | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 EJ Montgomery to Kentucky

Now we turning away big time talent, no one in the office knows to use the phone?
I didn't say that we turned big talent away. Rather, it seems our recruiting way is that we have to know someone is interested before we attempt at the sale. I strongly disagree with doing business this way. One of the reasons that big time players go to just a few schools is that those schools are always trying to get those players. We are aggressive after we know the kid has interest. We don't plant the seed of interest first.

Might have helped if we would have called him.
Sometimes players sign with Arizona without ever going there on a visit.. Both parties aren't always on the same page. Where a kid wishes to go and what the school will do aren't the same. Doesn't mean the kid didn't want to come here. So why bother calling? It's a waste of time.

I didn't say that we turned big talent away. Rather, it seems our recruiting way is that we have to know someone is interested before we attempt at the sale. I strongly disagree with doing business this way. One of the reasons that big time players go to just a few schools is that those schools are always trying to get those players. We are aggressive after we know the kid has interest. We don't plant the seed of interest first.
You know how this works and you know we’ve discovered unknowns. When a decommit occurs handlers/aau coaches reach out to drum up interest again. Have to be broad given recruiting classes are filling up. But he had no serious interest.

Just because he’s highly rated doesn’t mean every kid fits and there are resource limits. Hell Cal saw Moses multiple times and never offered.

Why would we get involved with a recruit who could be tied to potential violations with a school he decommitted from when we are currently dealing with violations/almost out from under? It’s common sense, really.

Why would we get involved with a recruit who could be tied to potential violations with a school he decommitted from when we are currently dealing with violations/almost out from under? It’s common sense, really.
We would have got involved if the coaches thought he was really serious about us.

Did JB wait for Julie to ask him out.

Not sure why people seem upset that we "didn't reach out" to him. If that random prediction on 24/7 didn't happen no one would have gave this kid 2 thoughts.

you know, we could still make a call

I think long distance is free these days

Nope wouldn't fit our zone and too much effort. He wasn't interested in being transformed into a poor shooting 2 guard...lol

Safe to assume they investigated at some point. Would be disrespectful to the staff to assume otherwise. The crystal ball was clearly someone trolling us or a guess.

No - he sent GMac to check her out a few times first. ;)
If thats the case im surprised JB closed the deal. Good thing Calapari was already married:)

If thats the case im surprised JB closed the deal. Good thing Calapari was already married:)

Have you ever seen GMac's wife? Dude can CLOSE. :cool:

I'm surprised Coach K didn't propose so she could be his 2nd wife just so Jim couldn't have her.

Hey EJ.. has anyone told you lately that you'd look great in orange?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom