Elijah Hughes: Bucks | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes: Bucks

Did JB actually compare Elijah Hughes to Dion Waiters and Donovan Mitchell?

I am sorry but I don’t see those comps at all. Dion whenever he wanted to get to the rim couldn’t be stopped. Elijah was a different type of player.

Dion Waiters or Michael Carter-Williams sophomores seasons are the best by Cuse player since Carmelo.
That is even including Hak’s Senior year.

Now Elijah Hughes was a legit top 5 player in the ACC last year and earned his spot in the draft but comparing him to Mitchell and Waters I don’t get.
Elijah Hughes to me is a Robert Covington type of player.

Last edited:
Did JB actually compare Elijah Hughes to Dion Waters and Donovan Mitchell?

I am sorry but I don’t see those comps at all. Dion whenever he wanted to get to the rim couldn’t be stopped. Elijah was a different type of player.

Dion Waters or Michael Carter-Williams sophomores seasons are the best by Cuse player since Carmelo.
That is even including Hak’s Senior year.

Now Elijah Hughes was a legit top 5 player in the ACC last year and earned his spot in the draft but comparing him to Mitchell and Waters I don’t get.
Elijah Hughes to me is a Robert Covington type of player.
Some Jazz fans have made the comparison to CJ Miles.

I think that's probably pretty accurate.

So with the Jazz resigning Clarkson and bringing back Favors, they're carrying a whole lot of salary and have a bunch of roster spots to fill out.

They need Hughes and the cheap contract he'll carry. He's going to get a solid chance on that roster.

SO STOKED FOR ELI!!!! :cool:

If all goes well, he could end up our 2nd best Orange in the NBA (after Jerami).
But even if he "only" is a bench contributor for several years, that's still making it to the highest level and excelling.

Strum that electric guitar, 3li!!

So the Jazz today picked up Shaq Harrison on a 1 year minimum deal. This is a really good move for them as he will likely be in the backcourt rotation (shoots 38% from three, and can defend 1-3, advanced stat nerds love his game) and seems like a guy that might take a step up leaving a dumpster fire situation with the Bulls to come to a solid organization like the Jazz.

I mention this because I don't think it will impact Elijah's spot on the roster, but it likely does push him down the bench a little more.

Would have been worth about 8 points in fantasy. May have to use him as a streaming option

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom