Elijah Hughes gets invite to the NBA Combine | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes gets invite to the NBA Combine

Whichever team is smart enough to take him at the end of the first is going to get an absolute steal. There’s a chance Eli is getting bench minutes on a playoff team year one if the cards fall right.

Guy’s a walking bucket.

Whichever team is smart enough to take him at the end of the first is going to get an absolute steal. There’s a chance Eli is getting bench minutes on a playoff team year one if the cards fall right.

Guy’s a walking bucket.

His game actually translates better at the NBA level. Especially with the evolution of the importance of perimeter scoring.

Im thinkin eli will stick in the league. We really lucked out grabbing him from the gutters of ECU. Remember when people didnt like taking a flyer on him :rolleyes: :p

I'd be shocked if he didn't. His game, size, athleticism, versatility, ability to create for himself or others off of the bounce, floor vision, and shooting make him perfectly suited for the modern NBA.

I don't think that a lot of our fans appreciate how good and how skilled Eli was, because the overall season was a little subpar. But my guess is that he will have a long and successful NBA career.

Last edited:
It makes too much sense -- in a relatively lackluster draft, a guy with the size, athleticism, 3-D skill set, outside shooting, and versatility Hughes has shifting into the first round should come as no surprise.

He has a much better chance to stick long term than say, Malachi Richardson.

It makes too much sense -- in a relatively lackluster draft, a guy with the size, athleticism, 3-D skill set, outside shooting, and versatility Hughes has shifting into the first round should come as no surprise.

Agree. Hes so smooth too. His shooting ability will translate well and his game is suited for the NBA. I think he has a good professional career. Hope he lands in a good place.

It’s just funny to me that Jerami Grant who pretty much everyone thought was leaving too early and Elijah Hughes who most people thought we were taking a flyer on, might be the most prevalent players for Syracuse in the NBA in a couple years. Jermai is having a hell of a career and might get a $100 million dollar contract and Hughes absolutely lit it up this year and his skill set is Taylor made for the current NBA.

Now once Dior gets here, he’s going to be an NBA All Star so we’ll add another. Benny will be playing in the league as well. Wouldn’t be shocked if Griffen and Frank get some run in the league as well. Nice to see us getting back to it

Interesting compare and contrast. One was probably right to strike while the iron was hot while the other is an example of how some players benefit from developing their game in college for a while.

I’ve been saying it for a long then how Covid was going to help elijahs stock. The knicks have been in touch since day 1 since the season ended. I’ve been banking on a first rounder for a long time because when you watch tape there isn’t a whole lot to dislike

Interesting compare and contrast. One was probably right to strike while the iron was hot while the other is an example of how some players benefit from developing their game in college for a while.
Agree on both counts period and I think for malachi, getting that sure thing it was an important factor period but I think uses much better position from a skill set standpoint to excel and have a longer career.

Eli sticking in the league for a good decade or so, barring injury, would be an all in type bet for me if it was somehow offered. There's just no way with his skill set that not one team, at the very least stashes him on the bench. It would absolutely stun me if he doesn't find a home in the league.

could easily move into lotto and should stay there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom